Do you have a gun in your House

The following was passed on to me by the woman who had her Gallbaldder removed, I was very suprised by the questions she was asked. Big brother is everwhere, and he wants to know if you can defend yourself

Subject: Do you have a gun in your House?
What you permit , you promote

When I had my gangrene gallbladder taken out and spent 10 days in the hospital for what should have been an overnight stay the insurance company kicked me out. I had home nurse visits for two weeks and was asked if I had guns in the house. I respond that if I did I would not tell them. So the below has some merit.

... FYI, I am passing this along...there are comments from two other people I have also been asked if we keep guns in the house. The nurse just kinda slipped it in along with all the other regular questions. I told her I refused to answer because it was against the law to ask.

Everyone, whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral answer so they have no idea who does and who doesn't. My doctor asked me if I had guns in my house and also if any were loaded. I, of course, answered yes to both questions. Then he asked why I kept a loaded gun close to my bed. I answered that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and also works for Homeland Security, advised me that an unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against criminal attack.

The Government now requires these questions be asked of people on Medicare, and probably everyone else.

Just passing this along for your information: I had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation.. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house?? My answer was None of your damn business!!

So it is out there! It is either an insurance issue or government intervention. Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (as they want to under Obamacare) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in lock and load!!

Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners...Thanks, from a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer: I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions:1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

Looks like they are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then when they go after the civilians, what argument will they have? Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists. Whether you are a gun owner, veteran or not, YOU"VE BEEN WARNED !

If you know veterans and gun owners, please pass this on to them. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom.

Dupe, I think. At least, this topic has come up a few times. Here's one started today.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...Rant-about-Blue-Cross-and-their-Questionnaire

Drs in MA give every patient they see this questionnaire now. If you don't answer, they ask you the questions and write down your answers. No idea what they do with the answers, my dr says they just want to provide you information on safety

Last edited:
Dupe, I think. At least, this topic has come up a few times. Here's one started today.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...Rant-about-Blue-Cross-and-their-Questionnaire

Drs in MA give every patient they see this questionnaire now. If you don't answer, they ask you the questions and write down your answers. No idea what they do with the answers, my dr says they just want to provide you information on safety

10. The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns & Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.
11. One should consult an automotive engineer for safer seatbelts, a civil engineer for a better bridge, a surgeon for internal medicine, a computer programmer for hard drive problems, and Sarah Brady for firearms expertise.

/sarcasm

My doctor has never once asked me about guns or anything else that doesn't have an immediate connection to my health. Then again, she's from the mountain country in NC so she may just assume everyone has guns in their house. My kid's pediatrician has also never asked. Not sure if this is luck of the draw or an indication that I chose physicians wisely.

While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions:1. Did I feel stressed? 2. Did I feel threatened? 3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

This can't be true, can it? If you admit to your doctor that you're stressed they'll pull your license?

I had no idea the medical establishment took "feeling stressed" to mean "homicidal rampage imminent".

original.0

my mother received home care after her cancer treatments I was there for all her interviews as her power of attorney and I was waiting for the question but it never came. She's not on medicare though so maybe that's why. Since I got married I have always told my wife when she and the kids have Dr's appointments to answer "none of your business"

This can't be true, can it? If you admit to your doctor that you're stressed they'll pull your license?

My understanding is that veterans who are declared by the VA to be unable to handle their own financial affairs are dangerously mentally ill as defined by the NICS Improvement Act, and therefore federally prohibited.

Nitro said:
if i ever see that question i'm just writing down "WTF?" If they actually ask me in person my answer will be "does your wife use a dildo" <pause> "we both can ask irrelevant questions, you answer first"

I literally just spit coffee through my nose. LMAO I need to remember his retort.

I guess medical science gotten too good at actually treating people, so to regress to the mean of their barbaric, incompetent behavior over the past 2000 years, they had to find some other way to harm people beyond just bad science and inflated egos?

Now they can do it with bureaucracy...

That's not to say that medicine has not been a net positive, it is undeniable that lifespans have increased drastically as well as the survivability of even profound injury. That said, there has always been a darker side to medicine where the "establishment" has either accepted bad science, denied new good science or looked the other way when egos had doctors driving spikes into people's heads to treat depression, removing women's uteri to treat "hysteria" brought on by discovering her husband was cheating on her or accusing him of physical abuse, etc...

Those things have waned in recent years, so now they have to find some other way to balance the equation I guess... [sad2]

Any doctor who repeats this nonsense from the AMA is incompetent and not doing their job in keeping up with the best medical science has to offer. You should openly question their competence and find another doctor.

That's not to say that medicine has not been a net positive, it is undeniable that lifespans have increased drastically as well as the survivability of even profound injury.

My late father was a doctor. Back when I was a civil engineer, he told me that safe water supply and proper sewerage has saved more lives than medicine ever will.

My late father was a doctor. Back when I was a civil engineer, he told me that safe water supply and proper sewerage has saved more lives than medicine ever will.
Electricity has likely done the same for lifespan by removing the need for open flames for cooking/heat/light.

I have seen some estimates attempting to quantify the true damage that Co2 taxation will do to the 3rd world discussing this very issue.

You all realize that any vague, neutral, or non answers, will be taken as a yes, don't you? I'm pretty sure they can read between the lines. I would simply lie. It's none of their business.

Nitro:2326994 said:
if i ever see that question i'm just writing down "WTF?" If they actually ask me in person my answer will be "does your wife use a dildo" <pause> "we both can ask irrelevant questions, you answer first"

I think I like this strategy!!! ;)

There should be a special place in hell for people who believe everything they read on the 'Net and then pass it along without checking.

The "VA stress questions leads to denial of concealed carry" bull was debunked by none other than the NRA-ILA.

Among the thousands of questions NRA-ILA answers every month by email, phone and letter are scores that begin “This guy told me he heard …” Unfortunately, all too often this is the telltale sign of one of the rampant rumors that circulate around campfires or gun store counters, and especially on the Internet. Three of the most recent top rumors involve veterans’ gun rights, the status of the “sporting purposes” test for firearms importation, and new restrictions on gun shows.

The first of these stems from a widely circulated email, allegedly from a “Vietnam vet and retired police officer,” claiming he visited a Department of Veterans Affairs clinic and was asked several mental health questions. The message goes on to claim that the nurse told him a “wrong” answer would be “reported … to Homeland Security” and result in the loss of his Right-to-Carry permit.

Fortunately for veterans, that warning was incorrect. It’s true that mental health questions are now standard procedure during the patient intake process at VA facilities. That's a result of heightened concern about post-traumatic stress disorder and similar legitimate issues affecting veterans.

However, the Department of Homeland Security isn't the agency that compiles records of people who are prohibited from possessing firearms. The FBI does that, in order to operate the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. And although some VA records are reported to NICS, a record will only be reported if the person has been "adjudicated as a mental defective"—in other words, that the person is mentally incompetent.

At the VA, a person can only be found incompetent after a lengthy process that includes the opportunity for a hearing and appeal. Just telling a nurse you feel "stressed" (as the email claims) wouldn’t be enough. And the NICS Improvement Amendment Act of 2007 not only makes clear that any "adjudication" without those procedures won't result in the loss of gun rights, but also provides a way for those who have been found incompetent to get the finding reversed.

Full citation here:

There should be a special place in hell for people who believe everything they read on the 'Net and then pass it along without checking.

The "VA stress questions leads to denial of concealed carry" bull was debunked by none other than the NRA-ILA.

Full citation here:

I still like asking the doctor the dildo question, just to see his reaction, unless the doctor is a female; Does your husband use a dildo? Naw, doesn't sound right.

You all realize that any vague, neutral, or non answers, will be taken as a yes, don't you? I'm pretty sure they can read between the lines. I would simply lie. It's none of their business.

As much as I'd like to say MYOFB, you're absolutely correct that a vague or neutral answer would be taken as a yes.

I still like asking the doctor the dildo question, just to see his reaction, unless the doctor is a female; Does your husband use a dildo? Naw, doesn't sound right.

Then again, these days, he just might [thinking]......use one, that is.

Honestly, the more I think of it, and I think of a time where those in power automatically assume anyone on this kind of forum or has these viewpoints is assumed to be dangerous and needs to be watched, I wouldnt say "none of your business" or "I wont answer that" because they can apply the same assumptions to anything else. When I asked, I will always say "no".

I think I just got added to a list somewhere, LOL

Let me ask everyone this. Has a doctor asked you what you do for work? When I was asked this (many years ago) I told him both sources of income. When that wasn't enough he asked what was the primary source of income. That's when I decided to stop ALL non relevant lines of questions. How I make my money was not his concern. Neither is what I kept under my pillow, or who is on the pillow next to me isn't his business. Lesson learned, keep all business relationships strictly business. Refuse to answer anything not directly related to the matter at hand or at least answer them with a question. What are your concerns with firearms? Why do you need to know what I do? Make them justify that they need to know and are not entitled to the info. If he comes back with "Well, I like to test gun owners for lead exposure periodically", or "Do you do any heavy lifting at your work?" you may choose to share more info.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom