• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you guys buy pre-ban ar-15 mags?

I've been shooting for many
years. Never seen anyone have their mags inspected. Most guys I see at the range have pmag 30's. Has anyone ever seen the man inspect someone's mags?

I don't have more than 8 30rounders and a few 20 and 10 rounders because even if I had 20-30 pre bans I couldn't carry all of them with me anyway. My rig holds 6

Aren't you afraid MA will come to its senses, can the ban and ruin your investment?

If they intend to make me a criminal for what I already lawfully possess - then I may as well just get p-mags at that point. Same offense so why would I keep playing with vietnam era stamped aluminum mags? But no - I won;t give up standard capacity magazines. I'm willing to work within the law. But if they insist on making me a criminal - then I'll act like one.

.....and I wouldn't call banning something currently lawfully possessed and then persecuting and prosecuting my idea of "come to its senses". More like going full retard.

If they intend to make me a criminal for what I already lawfully possess - then I may as well just get p-mags at that point. Same offense so why would I keep playing with vietnam era stamped aluminum mags? But no - I won;t give up standard capacity magazines. I'm willing to work within the law. But if they insist on making me a criminal - then I'll act like one.

.....and I wouldn't call banning something currently lawfully possessed and then persecuting and prosecuting my idea of "come to its senses". More like going full retard.

Agreed, but I was talking about them lifting the ban and making the prebans nothing special anymore. Your comments just make me realize how totally unrealistic my fantasy is.

I'd mostly use them for range shooting as well. I plan to move away from MA in the next 2 year or so, how would I unload my 10 round mags then?

Why would you feel the need to unload them just because you move? I don't currently own any 10 rounders, but wouldn't mind picking up a few for range use because even though most of mine are 30's, I actually prefer the 20's for most practical shooting. Besides, even if you move and get a bunch of 30's, why not keep whatever you buy now to have more loaded mags stockpiled? You can have pallets of ammo and it won't do you a bit of good if its not loaded in mags if you ever NEED to use the rifle for real...

Agreed, but I was talking about them lifting the ban and making the prebans nothing special anymore. Your comments just make me realize how totally unrealistic my fantasy is.

.....I'll tell you what - I would gladly see them become worthless if that day would ever come. Best hope is the Supreme Court strikes down a magazine ban. In which case I'll promptly order 30 p-mags, box up my prebans and ship them off to Deval as a farewell present.

MSP loves to give possession of high capacity magazine charges after vehicle inventory searches.

MSP to me "Are those preban magazines"
Me "You tell me"
MSP "f&$k if I know, I have bigger issues to worry about"
Me "Then why ask"
MSP "You would be amazed how many people answer no!"

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That day may well never come when the ban is lifted. What's he suppose to use and have ready while he's waiting? If and when you need capacity, there is no substitute.

MSP to me "Are those preban magazines"
Me "You tell me"
MSP "f&$k if I know, I have bigger issues to worry about"
Me "Then why ask"
MSP "You would be amazed how many people answer no!"

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Is this for real?
Because I was always wondering how a cop would go about knowing if your mag is preban or not. Unless its stamped "LE only" they won't know.
And firstly, they shouldn't even be seeing your mags to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom