• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you ever randomly run into other gun owners?

I've seen more gun related T shirts and car stickers in my two weeks living in NH than I did in 16 years of living in MA.

I've seen more gun related T shirts and car stickers in my two weeks living in NH than I did in 16 years of living in MA.

Im actually surprised at the number of gun related stickers I see on peoples cars on the way to work in the morning. (in MA)

I'm a service manager at a dealership. My screensaver is a slide show of my son and I fishing and shooting. Quite a few customers have seen it and the conversation went on from there. I now have a few that come by to show me their new purchases and a few that bring me their brass!

Sometimes. See one gentleman at work frequently with a GOAL sticker on his Ford. We both agree Maura sucks.

I like to walk through Barnes and Noble and ask people if they love guns as much as I do.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

ROFL. I was in one years ago and wandering around when a lady clerk asked if they could help. I was seriously looking for the gun section, which had disappeared and asked, "do you still have a gun or sporting section?" she was horrified and after she composed herself said, "no, I'm sure we do NOT sell those." I replied, "you DID have a gun over there [pointing] but it's either gone or moved." And then she snorted, "well I suppose people don't buy THOSE books anymore so we don't sell them" and she huffed away.

they went out of business 3 months later.

really the only books I would buy at barnes or borders were the discount history and gun books. for like $10 or cheaper I was a sucker for those impulse buys. but now that those stores are gone I haven't bought a gun book in like 10 years.

Last edited:
Was eating at New England Steak and Seafood on Sunday. Overheard a guy at a neighboring table telling his family about the AWB ridiculousness. Decided not to intrude but was interesting to hear. NESer?

One of the truck drivers that comes to my site carries on the job. He's pretty open about it, but I'm sure many of the others do as well. Truckers in general are pretty 2A friendly.

Here in NM, I see open carry in both supermarkets in town, the hardware store, etc and noticed a lot of printing from CC.
Tend not to start a conversation because it's just an every day thing, but I give them a smile and a nod.

ROFL. I was in one years ago and wandering around when a lady clerk asked if they could help. I was seriously looking for the gun section, which had disappeared and asked, "do you still have a gun or sporting section?" she was horrified and after she composed herself said, "no, I'm sure we do NOT sell those." I replied, "you DID have a gun over there [pointing] but it's either gone or moved." And then she snorted, "well I suppose people don't buy THOSE books anymore so we don't sell them" and she huffed away.

they went out of business 3 months later.

really the only books I would buy at barnes or borders were the discount history and gun books. for like $10 or cheaper I was a sucker for those impulse buys. but now that those stores are gone I haven't bought a gun book in like 10 years.

I order most of my books online but the wife goes to Barnes and Noble often. They still keep a good amount of gun magazines. I usually grab 5 or 6 and sit next to the magazine racks with my 6 year old checking out the latest stuff. I do NOT hide the fact that i am looking at gun magazines. At least 2 or 3 times my son will say (in his excited kids voice) "dadda you should get 1 of these" or "Dadda you (or mom) have 1 of these" the combination of looks i get from the Starbucks/Barnes and Noble crowd is hilarious. I never remember to put them back on the rack either. It just always slips my mind. LOL

Many years ago, I was carving an IPSC target into styrofoam lunch tray at work to explain the scoring zones to a co-worker.

IPSCDRL was walking by, noticed the target, and we have since become good friends.

It's just part of the culture where I live now. Nobody much talks about it, but you will see stickers, shirts, hats etc advertising their preferred brands. It's almost understood that everyone just has guns around. It's more like a discussion of are you a Makita guy, or Milwaukee guy. Just a tool to use for its intended purpose.

Land surveyor I just talked to was printing quite a lot and the screen saver on his PC was all shooting pics.

I assume I run into them all the time and just don't know it.

Recently, though, I have had more and more open discussions with strangers about it, almost like we had something in common. Did something happen in the last couple of weeks that would bring strangers together this way?

Another random discussion with a customer who also shoots turned into an issue with his recently acquired AR he purchased before the latest lunacy in this state. It's a home built decent rifle on an Anderson lower,chrome BCG, 2 stage trigger. He said he was having issues I told him to bring it by because I know what they did wrong. Well he came in today and undoubtedly his light strike problem will be fixed and he'll be a happy AR owner. I believe he got it at a good price because the original owner/builder couldn't get it to function properly...this is what happens when the hammer spring isn't installed properly.
IMG_20160817_100620348.jpg

Don't forget how rainbows and sprinkles come out the exhaust pipe too. [rofl2]

Hey now! My Prius isn't red and it's not at the gun range nearly enough, but some of us who like good gas mileage shoot too. Granted, no gun stickers on it as I work where I'm more in the closet than many guy people I know.

That said, I have occasionally had the random positive gun conversation with someone I didn't know was into guns.

Land surveyor I just talked to was printing quite a lot and the screen saver on his PC was all shooting pics.

Wasn't me but there are a few of us. We tend to do a lot of work in the ghetto and out in the middle of no where (where 4 legged animals can give you almost as much trouble as the 2 legged one)

Last weekend at a bachelor party in maine. Started shooting the sh#t about stupid mass gun laws. 20 minutes later we drove to the nearest gun shop and bought a pile of ammo and were poppin cans behind the place we were all staying in. Maine...buy ammo...no ID.....shoot in woods.....priceless.

Pulled up to the gas station the other day with a NESer with a big don't tread on me on his hummer and then met another guy the other day who owns his own business and is a firearm instructor in millis. I seem to be seeing more lately.

Parked next to a guy at the supermarket with a MPA immunity sticker; NRA or GOAL sticker; dog stickers and USMC emblem. Spoke with him a big - definitely about the most extreme "all American" you can get - marine cop dog luver gun person.

Rhode Islanders generally don't talk to strangers, especially me. The closest I get is doing the motorcycle wave to other riders (but not scooter riders). If I see someone with a pro-gun sticker or the like, I generally give them a wide berth on the road. Mostly because F250 > DR650.

I did once see a NAGR sticker on a car at Dick's once in Greenville. That has to be the worst acronym for a gun rights group ever devised by the mind of man.

If guns do come up in conversation, I've already got to know the person somehow or it's at a gun club.

I ran across one at a bank not too long ago. While applying for a loan I needed two forms of picture ID so I handed over my drivers license and LTC. The woman commented on it and we chatted about our carry guns while they did paperwork.

The other was a Unitil worker who came to look into a gas leak. I had to let him into the basement which is where my reloading setup is, bags of brass, stacks of bullets, Gadsden flag and Come and Take it flag hanging to hide the fieldstone foundation, etc. He didn't say a thing about it and left without discussing guns at all. I only ran across him again a few weeks later when he responded to a gun I had for sale haha.

Was eating at New England Steak and Seafood on Sunday. Overheard a guy at a neighboring table telling his family about the AWB ridiculousness. Decided not to intrude but was interesting to hear. NESer?

We've had NES dinners at that location before so wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the locals.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom