• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you carry hollow points?

Slight correction. It wasn't the Geneca Convention but the Hague Convention. I don't believe the United states ever signed it.

I always find the "Hague Convention" argument so hard to swallow, given
that things like land mines and cluster bombs are still widely considered
"fair game". I'm surprised we even pay any creedence to them at all
in terms of warfare.

-Mike

The defendant in the Westfall dam case paid a $50 civil fine for posession of the gun on federal property after shooting a dog in self defense, however, one must consider that he retained the services of a high powered attorney.
If my daughter had been with us that day, I would have used whatever means (legal or illegal) at my disposal to defend her regardless of the consequences.

All my social ammo is JHP, and I wouldn't use anything else, unless it's a small round like .25 ACP that doesn't have enugh energy to expand the hollow point.

Honestly I've just read a few articles on this guy and while it's a VERY bad situation, it sounds like a clean shooting. The man's dogs charge fish, he pulls his gun and fires a warning shot to scare them off (This actully appears to be a good use of a warning shot, as a dog might not understand what a gun is...but the report and a hole in the ground does clarify things a bit). After the warning shot now he's being charged by the homeless man and he has a gun in his hand.

We all know that it's BS propiganda when somebody tells you "Your gun will only be taken away from you" but getting in a scuffle with a drawn gun it's a very distinct reality. So he shouted warnings, but did not risk loosing control of his gun.

Would I have done it differently? Dunno. But his story does smell like a clean kill.

I would think it's bad enugh to have to shoot in self defence....I think it's only worse when you shoot an unarmed attacker (like the guy in Seattle).

-Weer'd Beard

It does sound somewhat funny to determine what the rules are to "war". With all the other weapons available, a hollowpoint can't be the worst of it.

A friend told me that they went back and forth with the JAG corp before the 308 sniper round was approved because the used a Sierra Matchking bullet. Even though the hollowpoint did not aid in expansion, they were reluctent to give the go ahead.

"If a SOB is running at me screaming that he's going to kill me, you can bet your sweet bippy that I'm not reaching for the mace."

Lynne, That is what I said, DEAR. Don't you guys read the posts before responding to them?

Why yes, darlin, we do. That's part of being a Mod. After rereading my post, I should have typed:

"Ofcourse, if a SOB is running at me screaming that he's going to kill me, you can bet your sweet bippy that I'm not reaching for the mace."

Better now?

Back
Top Bottom