• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do You carry an extra mag when you conceal carry?

Massad Ayoob in his "Ten Commandments of Concealed Carry" says:

"It is a good idea to carry spare ammunition. Many people in their first gunfight have quickly found themselves soon clicking an empty gun. A firearm without spare ammunition is a temporary gun. Moreover, many malfunctions in semiautomatic pistols require a fresh (spare) magazine to rectify. Some fear that carrying spare ammo will make them look paranoid. They need to realize that those who don’t like guns and dislike the people who carry them, will consider carrying the gun without spare ammunition to still be paranoid. It’s an easy argument to win in court. Cops carry spare ammunition. So should you."

When I used to CCW back in the good old days.... I always carried 2 extra magazines for whatever gun I had on me, and if I had 2 guns, extra ammo for the second one too!

I went to work one night with my G17, 18 rounds in the gun, 2 extra mags with 15 rounds each, with my Model 13 S&W as a backup 6 in the gun, 12 in speed loaders, and for good measure my Raven .25ACP 7 in the gun, 14 in magazines.

You can never be too rich, too thin, or too armed

Don't fall out of a boat...

When I used to CCW back in the good old days.... I always carried 2 extra magazines for whatever gun I had on me, and if I had 2 guns, extra ammo for the second one too!

I went to work one night with my G17, 18 rounds in the gun, 2 extra mags with 15 rounds each, with my Model 13 S&W as a backup 6 in the gun, 12 in speed loaders, and for good measure my Raven .25ACP 7 in the gun, 14 in magazines.

You can never be too rich, too thin, or too armed

I was thinking more along these lines:

[wink]

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually I do, a single stack 45 mag fits nice right next to my wallet. My compact Alum Kimber carries nice with a 7 rounder in the piece, then 8 rounder in my pocket makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Back
Top Bottom