Do you carry a pre-ban mag?

?
you apparently not up to speed what those pre-ban glock 17 mags cost. :) it sucks.
and every day they cost more. some individuals sell them now at gunbroker for $250, but, no one buys at that price, of course. a $160-$175 is somewhat reasonable for now, for a square notch good condition 17rd pre-ban...
If you ever need more Glock pre-bans, please be patient and you'll find them for significantly less. That's all I'll say.

I just carry whatever OEM mag the gun has. Currently carrying a G19 through the winter. I'll carry a G26 with Pearce+2s in the Summer until I can run a P365 through reliability tests.

I just carry whatever OEM mag the gun has. Currently carrying a G19 through the winter. I'll carry a G26 with Pearce+2s in the Summer until I can run a P365 through reliability tests.

I own 2 19's and a 365. Different animals...and the 365 will never match up on reliability. Maybe good enough...but not the same

Glad I don't have this problem.............
All my mags max out at 8, With one in the pipe I cannot even max out the limit
So I carry 2 spares......
P220

For a basic encounter with a cop, I don't see them asking to see your gun, never mind checking your magazine. I remember after 9/11 a few times being pulled over (seat belt, not complete stop, dumb stuff, was young) and it seems they would always ask if there were any weapons in the vehicle. If I was carrying I would say yes and add legally. I was never asked to hand over my gun and I think only once was ever asked for proof I was legally carrying. I just think most cops don't really care. ( This was all when I lived in CT..but I don't see Mass being much different)

For a basic encounter with a cop, I don't see them asking to see your gun, never mind checking your magazine. I remember after 9/11 a few times being pulled over (seat belt, not complete stop, dumb stuff, was young) and it seems they would always ask if there were any weapons in the vehicle. If I was carrying I would say yes and add legally. I was never asked to hand over my gun and I think only once was ever asked for proof I was legally carrying. I just think most cops don't really care. ( This was all when I lived in CT..but I don't see Mass being much different)

In small towns, especially out in Western Mass, you will get a range of "none of my business" to "HOLY CRAP GUN!!!" The smaller towns use part-timers and some people that might not otherwise get hired on at a PD. And the leadership in towns is often subject to the whim of the selectmen or some other top hat in town. Some towns are literally like being in a different part of the country, from town to town. Hell, while I was still an officer in a neighboring town, a Greenfield PD yanked me from my car that I had just bought, because I had window tint on the front window. Flipped out when he found out I was carrying. He had to be talked down by his own supervisor.

G21 is my daily carry with a 10 Rd Mag and (2) 10 Rd Mags on my six. I call them my Dual Lumbar Support.
April/May/June in the year of the Covid I had (4) 10 Rd Mags on my six. There was some weird shit going on.
I have 13 Rd Pre-Ban Mags, loaded in the safe next to my bed. I'm comfortable with carrying (30) Rds vs (39) Rds.
I know I'm within the law, but a lot of Police don't know or understand the law, I'm not going to be the one to educate them.
Worst case, for what ever reason, say mistaken identity, I'm up against a wall getting frisked.
Hey, this guy has High Capacity Magazines, you're under arrest. The mistaken identity doesn't pan out, but now they have this.
You post your bail, pay a hefty retainer for a Firearms Attorney, and then they show up at your house to take anything firearms related.
If you're lucky, your Lawyer will get it dismissed at your arraignment. If not, by the time of your Pre-Trial it should be dismissed.
Now, you've got to try and get all your shit back. If you only have three Firearms, they might have them at the Station.
If you're like me and most NES members, you're not even sure how many you have, they're at a Bonded Warehouse.
You will have to pay the Transfer out and then the Transfer back to you and daily storage fees. This could also apply to Ammo & Magazines as well.
Forget about the mental anguish, what will the lost days from work, retainer for the Lawyer, all the Transfer Fees cost . . . . $5,000.00, if you're lucky.

I started carrying a G21 around 2012, before that I carried a G17. I didn't use 10 Rd Mags, I used 17 Rd Pre-Ban Mags.
I was standing in line at the North Beverly CVS around Midnight. A Cop came in, took a quick look around the store and fixed his eyes on me.
I was putting my purchase on the counter when he said to me in a loud voice "I need you to come outside, right now".
I nonchalantly said "May I pay for my purchase first", he nodded yes. I got my change and my bag and headed for the exit, which he was standing in.
We stopped outside the front door and I asked him what was up, after a few seconds he said you're all set, you can go. No explanation, no apology.
I figured someone was sitting in their car to ID somebody but it wasn't me. I had (3) 17 Rd Pre-Ban Mags on me, I wasn't too concerned, I was in my hometown.
The Firearms guy was a Captain and VP of Hamilton Wenham Rod & Gun Club, and I had his cell, it would've been quashed before any paperwork was generated.

A couple days later I started to wonder what would've happened if they thought I was the person they were looking for, and I was in Salem or Peabody.
I switched to a G21 not that long after and decided based on what could've been to switch to 10 Rd Mags. I hate this friggin State and I can't wait to be a full time NH Resident.
I haven't posted this picture in a month or so, I think it's time to do it again.

1608663513348.png

If you ever need more Glock pre-bans, please be patient and you'll find them for significantly less. That's all I'll say.
i do not shop for mags, if i need it - it means I need it quick. as of getting it for significantly less - you are dreaming. most ppl tend to gauge it above $200, including most sellers on this forum. only very old and U notch ones go for less.

Even if I was under communist rule I would prefer a Brand New 10 round mag over a 25 year old preban that’s been used and abused.

Check feed lips, check spring length, install new spring if necessary. I’ve never had issues with preban mags after doing those things. Also, I’ve only ever had feed lip issues on AR mags. Never on pistol mags

In small towns, especially out in Western Mass, you will get a range of "none of my business" to "HOLY CRAP GUN!!!" The smaller towns use part-timers and some people that might not otherwise get hired on at a PD. And the leadership in towns is often subject to the whim of the selectmen or some other top hat in town. Some towns are literally like being in a different part of the country, from town to town. Hell, while I was still an officer in a neighboring town, a Greenfield PD yanked me from my car that I had just bought, because I had window tint on the front window. Flipped out when he found out I was carrying. He had to be talked down by his own supervisor.

Interesting. I have only been living out in Western Mass a few years...my only encounter with police was getting LTC. Maybe I am wrong in assuming most cops atleast know about pre-ban mags....Its been the law here since when...1994 when federal law came in?

Interesting. I have only been living out in Western Mass a few years...my only encounter with police was getting LTC. Maybe I am wrong in assuming most cops atleast know about pre-ban mags....Its been the law here since when...1994 when federal law came in?

Most cops don't give a shit about "pre ban" mags or even looking at your gun in general. If a cop is fiddle f***ing around with your gun you have bigger problems than "pre ban mags" or not. I'll just leave it at that.

I have no such worries in Kentucky. When I sometimes explain the BS that goes on on MA regarding guns, mags, licensing etc. people here just shake their heads in disbelief.

So you are saying you know your Glock 22 is overpriced? ;) (i miss the old rofl emoji)

It's still around, You just have to say "Lori Lightfoot" three times and it will appear. [rofl]

And as far as it being an "AUX" officer, I doubt it would make much difference in knowledge level of such minutia.

Nah not worth the potential headache imo. Just my opinion I couldn't care less what anyone else does. This state sucks.

10 round pmags in my G19 is good enough for me. The AR with a 10 round magazine looks odd/funny though.

Back
Top Bottom