• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do unto others.......

as youd have done to you. Its what makes Americans great. We stop and think about it. An eye for an eye and all that, but we tend to think about what if it was me..... thats half the reason our court systems are so effed up. We go into court, and 75% of the people in the jurors booth think... what if this were me.. not is it right or wrong.

Along with all the other hype today, I TRY to remember those two pearls.

Do unto others as youd have done to you. IE.. if i broke in your house .. id expect to get shot and killed.

If you harmed me or my family in anyway... youd recieve the same and more.

Theres whats right, and whats wrong. animals dont understand that , and we shoot em and eat em. People for the most part.. they at least understand that concepts out there. I think if you choose to do right... your all set in life... choose to do wrong.. pay the price. When my time to be judged comes, I want that for what lies ahead.

This is what made the old west so ... wild :eek:)

Court is in session..

10 steps forward , turn and FIRE.

A thought I have is - there are many who are not even "nice" to themselves and may very well be treating others much like they do themselves.

Similar to- love your neighbor as you do yourself....if many did that, they would hate their neighbor.

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.

I kan't remember who said that though.

There once was a man from Nantucket.....

Sorry I had nothing to add and couldn't resist the temptation.

I have no problem with people misstreating themselves. But God help them if they try to extend that to my family. (Now where did I put that 16 pound hammer?)

A thought I have is - there are many who are not even "nice" to themselves and may very well be treating others much like they do themselves.

Similar to- love your neighbor as you do yourself....if many did that, they would hate their neighbor.

There usually seems to be another component of behavior in there somewhere with the people who are not treating others nicely. In my experience people who don't treat themselves well - and I am thinking of drug abusers, alchohol abusers, cutters, people who are suicidal - or expose themselves to abuse thru bad relationships - these people usually do not go out of their way to abuse others. They inflict their own pain upon themselves.
If they are inflicting pain on others it is unintentional.

The people who try to inflict pain on others have something else going on.

Not necessarily. There are some sick, sadistic folks out there who gain much pleasure simply by causing harm to others.

I've met them. I once worked with someone who said that he did not have to be "good" or kind because my friend Henry and I (the three of us were in the same group) did good so he didn't have to.

Most of the criminals I deal with are simply selfish to the point that they don't care how their actions affect other people. Example-heroin addict needs to feed his habit so he attacks an 80 year old woman at the atm. Or the pedophile who doesn't care that he scars his victims for life. Or the guy who pimps out teenage girls so he can drive a flashy car. Only a few are really evil (my personal definition of evil is someone who enjoys causing pain to others and feels no remorse). On a side note, I really hate that when we manage to convict one of these individuals they get such short sentences.

Back
Top Bottom