Do they make these numbers up?

Lynne said:
C-pher said:
Cross-X said:
C-pher said:
The problem with these laws is that the avarage person with a gun. People that have one gun in the house and never really touch it.

C-pher,

Is there really such a thing as a house with only _one_ gun? :D

I wouldn't believe it, but I guess there are people with only one gun. I don't understand how they get by, but they say that it's true...

Now, now....we ALL started out with one gun....course them little critters have a habit of multiplying like rabbits, but there was 1 at first. [wink]

I guess that you're right...but by 12 I had two. But yea, people gots to start somewhere. [twisted]

But really, I was thinking more along the lines like Chris. People that just have thier hunting gun.

What I would really like to know is people that move here with their one hunting gun from a free state and don't know about the MA laws.

Lynne said:
C-pher said:
Cross-X said:
C-pher said:
The problem with these laws is that the avarage person with a gun. People that have one gun in the house and never really touch it.

C-pher,

I wouldn't believe it, but I guess there are people with only one gun. I don't understand how they get by, but they say that it's true...

Now, now....we ALL started out with one gun....course them little critters have a habit of multiplying like rabbits, but there was 1 at first. [wink]

I guess that you're right...but by 12 I had two. But yea, people gots to start somewhere. [twisted]

But really, I was thinking more along the lines like Chris. People that just have thier hunting gun.

What I would really like to know is people that move here with their one hunting gun from a free state and don't know about the MA laws.

Lynne said:
C-pher said:
Cross-X said:
C-pher said:

C-pher,

Cross-X said:
Sorta like how the Marine Corps taught you to check for VD, right?[roll]

Of course that was never the sort of thing that would have been necessary for JAGS. Sort of like taking time to teach grunts to dock an air craft carrier or land the space shuttle.

Ken

Cross-X said:

Of course that was never the sort of thing that would have been necessary for JAGS. Sort of like taking time to teach grunts to dock an air craft carrier or land the space shuttle.

Ken

Cross-X said:

Ken

Well, I initially bought only 1 gun, but within 9 weeks the rabbits had multiplied to 5!

They do have a habit of growing on you! [lol]

Well, I initially bought only 1 gun, but within 9 weeks the rabbits had multiplied to 5!

Emoto said:
Aw c'mon, guys. I can see your point, but how about a nice minty Belgian Browning HiPower? Worth making an exception for? They had mag disconnects...
Even easier to just remove the darn disconnect and make it like all of the normal pistols. That way you won't have to remember which gun has the feature and which one doesn't. [wink]

jhrosier said:
Emoto said:
Aw c'mon, guys. I can see your point, but how about a nice minty Belgian Browning HiPower? Worth making an exception for? They had mag disconnects...
Even easier to just remove the darn disconnect and make it like all of the normal pistols. That way you won't have to remember which gun has the feature and which one doesn't. [wink]

If you follow the prescribed safety rules of gun handling, you don't need to worry if there's a disconnect or not. :D

Lynne said:
jhrosier said:
Emoto said:

If you follow the prescribed safety rules of gun handling, you don't need to worry if there's a disconnect or not. :D

The only time you have to know when the disconnect is in place is either #1: If it's a carry gun and you may be forced to tactical reload
or #2: if you're trying to dry-fire a confirmed unloaded gun...and the damn thing won't "click"

(We spent a good deal of time trying to figgure out what was wrong, since neither of us thought a Colt 1908 would have a Mag Disconnect)

but to avoid AD, disconnect or no, is no excuse for sloppy gun handling.

-Weer'd Beard

It can also be a bit of an annoyance in games like IPSC and IDPA where you have to hand over an empty mag for inspection and then insert it to do the final "Hammer Down" verification of a clear gun.

Really goes back to proper handling. If you would not go pulling the trigger when you didn't intend while the nag is in, why do you do it with the mag out?

The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence today heralded passage of SB 489 (Scott), which will make California the first state in the nation to require chamber load indicators and magazine disconnect devices on all newly designed semiautomatic handguns.

"California continues to lead the nation in doing all it can to keep its citizens safe from gun violence."

Maybe I don't get it totally, but what eactly does a Load indicator or a Mgazine disconnect have to do with keeping California safe from Gun Violence??? If someone points a gun at you are you going to try an pop the magazine out so it won't shoot?

snowjoker said:
The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence today heralded passage of SB 489 (Scott), which will make California the first state in the nation to require chamber load indicators and magazine disconnect devices on all newly designed semiautomatic handguns.

"California continues to lead the nation in doing all it can to keep its citizens safe from gun violence."

Maybe I don't get it totally, but what eactly does a Load indicator or a Mgazine disconnect have to do with keeping California safe from Gun Violence??? If someone points a gun at you are you going to try an pop the magazine out so it won't shoot?

They figure by adding all of these crazy laws crime will continue to increase. Then they will be left with no option but to say "Well we let you have guns with all these laws and there is still violent crime. So our only choice now is to ban all firearms. Turn them in immediately"

I think that is what they want to do is use these B.S. gun laws as a means to totally ban all firearms for the good of the people.

Back
Top Bottom