• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do people really win these giveaways?

I am curious.. new member here... and I have seen these gun giveaways for three months in a row.. and I am just curious.. is this a gimmick or do real people actually win these?
Real people actually win. I gave away a set of wheels and snow tires last fall — an NES member got a set of free wheels and tires and I got the damn things out of my garage.

While I haven't won the monthly giveaway, I did win one for my son who had just received his FID.
Further, in showing how great the NES community is, I didn't actually win that Karma. Another member did and gave it to my son as his first gun.
My son still has it and will very likely keep it to give as a first gun to his own kid (eventually since he doesn't have any now)

It's very rare that the "monthly gun giveaway" has something I'd actually want. I think I've gone "in" on it once or twice in about a decade.

I've given away more karma items by far. Sometimes the person winning it doesn't reply. Of passes on it after winning so it goes to someone else. IMO it's a good way to get rid of something you don't want that's still usable.

I stopped saying "in" when I realized there were thousands of people per month. Plus i can't remember the last time they were giving away a firearm I didn't already own.

I think I entered only onnce since they started the giveaways.

Nothing I really wanted and didn't want something I would just end up selling anyway, too much of a headache.. i would probably just end up donating it to Admin or something.

That and my odds of getting Bells Palsy again are probably lower than winning one of these giveaways :)

Been posting "in" since I went green shortly after I joined (2013)...NEVER WON...

Welcome...

losers-go-home-portrait-happy-guy-showing-loser-sign-forehead-smiling-cause-victory-laughing-gray-background_155003-31355.jpg

Back
Top Bottom