• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do people ever do group buys for ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a great price online for 9mm ammo that would work out to $8/box shipped, but I'm not about to purchase 20,000 rounds to qualify for free shipping. Do people ever do a group buy on this sort of thing or is this just silly? I realize it would be outside of Mass.

That's a good price. Cheapest I can find it is $10.50 shipped. But I reload so I don't watch prices too closely.

I saw a great price online for 9mm ammo that would work out to $8/box shipped, but I'm not about to purchase 20,000 rounds to qualify for free shipping. Do people ever do a group buy on this sort of thing or is this just silly? I realize it would be outside of Mass.

PM incoming...

Also, GBs are only for paid members. We don't extend them to unwashed. Before even thinking about doing this, you'll need to go green and get permission from Derek. (Admin).

-Mike

I'll be in on this.. If you can find cheap 45 acp I'll take that as well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Never heard of the company but it looks like 124 gr brass cased ammo that is made by this company/manufacturer.

Hope the buy gets going but I'd make sure this vendor/manufacturer is legit and/or find some positive reviews...

Last edited:
PM incoming...

Also, GBs are only for paid members. We don't extend them to unwashed. Before even thinking about doing this, you'll need to go green and get permission from Derek. (Admin).

-Mike

I know that hardly anyone ever reads prior posts before continuing a thread, but strongly suggest folks read #8, quoted here.

Group Buys are paid members only, NOT done in GD, only in the paid members only sub-forum, must be run only after getting permission from Admin (Derek), and all participants must be paid members. So some including the person who suggested it, would never even see if a group buy happens since he'd have no access to that forum.

Additionally there is the hassle of finding a company that will ship, a place to store a pallet of ammo and someone willing to deal with distributing it. I've run a group buy before and it took me almost 6 months to get the last item to the buyer (he was unavailable) although the product was tiny so storage wasn't an issue. I've participated in ammo group buys before, good stuff but it was a lot of work for those handling it.

In if this gets off the ground, and as long as it's not crap ammo. Would doubly be interested in .45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom