• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do online retailers sell to FFL's in Mass?

Reptile

NES Member
If I find ammo from online dealers, do they usually sell to FFL's in Massachusetts?

I know it is against the AG preference to ship to individuals and that we are never to talk about it.

I am surprised that ammo dealers do not like FFL's, too.

I'm guessing the FFL would still charge you a fee. Probably wouldn't make it worth it after that.

It all depends on the Web sight and if the ffl will except my the pakage. And if you look hard enough some sight
may or may not ship to your house.

Like others have said, some will, and some won't.

The AG won't go after them if they ship to an 01 or 07 FFL (Dealer or Manufacturer), but many larger business have determined that they don't want the risk.

This includes Aim Surplus, CDNN, and others. Its really too bad because when some of these larger reatailers have specials, the cost is often lower than wholesale through normal distribution channels for small dealers.

CDNN will not ship ANY semi-auto to a FFL in MA.

Tip: Some online dealers will ship ammo to you if you have a C&R license.

This. I just bought some ammo from a vendor using my C&R which most people have said on here that they won't ship to MA period. But apparently my orders processed/shipped after speaking with 2 customer sales reps - some of which denied me months earlier.

I keep coming back to my suggestion to get a PO box (some people think this may present an issue, it is a debatable point) or a UPS Store box (all agree its fine) in a free state.

So if you get a box in NH or RI, the online retailers will ship there no questions asked. Put your CC in the address of the box, set it to electronic billing and you are done.
All perfectly legal.

The only requirement is that if you intend to bring the ammo into MA, you need to be licensed to do so. Its no different than if you walk into a gun store in NH and buy ammo.
Their only legal requirement is to confirm that you are old enough and that you have not done or said anything to make them believe that you are a prohibited person.

Don

Back
Top Bottom