• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do not read if you have high blood pressure (bloomberg suggests cops go on strike)

http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/24/mayor-bloomberg-says-cops-should-go-on-s

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg told CNN's Piers Morgan last night that he doesn't "understand why police officers across this country don’t stand up collectively and say we’re going to go on strike, we’re not going to protect you unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what’s required to keep us safe."

[puke]

- - - Updated - - -

sry... dupe... by less than 60 seconds...

I don't know why his heart doesn't go on strike either! His brain obviously did a long time ago.

I am sure all the criminals will line up to turn in their illegal guns once the police go on strike!

What's the big comotion about, the police are not legally responsible to protect an individual as we have been told by the courts on numerous occassions. We are responsible for our own safety. Let it be, vigilanties away.

I'm with Bloomberg... let the cops go on strike and see where the criminals turn their attention... to the well-armed private citizens or to the defenseless moonbats?? Shouldn't take more than a dozen or so home invasions to help people realize that their best defense is taking responsibility for their own defense!!

troll gets national attention by trolling the country. Every comment he makes is like the political equivalent of a rick roll.

Yeah....they tried that in boston a while back:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Police_Strike

Family oral history tells that my grandfather was walking down the street, a bit behind a pair of State Guardsmen (one on each side of the street.) Someone on a roof dropped a rock to try and brain a guardsman - the guy on the other side shot him through the head. Not sure if true, but a good story, nonetheless.

Good... who will round up the "illegal guns" anyway if the police are on strike? I'd pay money to watch this unfold. Don't just threaten... do it already!

he wants us to give up our semi automatic "assault weapons" when his bodyguards most likely carry real select fire assault weapons.... the things i wanna say to Bloomberg

Finally, this guy is starting to make sense.

We'd be a lot better off if every free man owned an "Assault Rifle" and every cop was on strike.

Piers morgan is a tool. He had bloomberg on for probably 15 minutes blasting guns. Then he let some tool defense attorney, probably from cambridge, go on an antigun gun rant. Then he had John Lott on. I thought oh good, at least people will hear the other side. They didn't really becAuse he was constantly interupted and talked over. You could tell he was getting frustrated. Morgan should go back to england if he doesn't like guns.

This idiot doesn't realize that a lot of police officers are for the 2nd amendment, does he? My firearms instructor is a 10 year Marine vet, a police officer for the Ashland police department, and a SWAT operator for the entire Boston Metro area. He firmly believes that ALL law abiding citizens should carry. I have cops in my family and I'm pursuing a law enforcement career and ALL of us are 2A friendly..

This guy is delusional. It would be an interesting social experiment if the police take him up on the offer. I wonder if the National Guard would ultimately have to take over once the organized gangs took advantage or if it would be business as usual. Either way it wouldn't play out well for him.

I think all the cops should strike and give up thier pensions maybe then we can have some peace and quiet for once........maybe just for alittle bit it will be quiet.

This has the huge potential to backfire on Bloomberg and his ilk:

1. Cops go on strike.
2. People who expect cops to protect them feel threatened
3. People who would normally be anti-gun now feel the need to protect themselves
4. Same people from number 3 buy their own guns and discover the joys of target shooting and the sense of satisfaction that comes from knowing you're doing your best to keep your family safe.
5. Gun control is dead.

It happened in the LA riots. The same people who had pushed for new laws such as the 15 day waiting period and background checks, etc, were the first people to complain that they had no way of protecting themselves when the police all but disappeared off the streets. The Korean-Americans took it upon themselves to use "Assault Weapons" to protect their homes, businesses, families, friends and selves. Most of the country isn't as anti as California is, so the abandonment of gun control may actually take a stronger hold.

Back
Top Bottom