• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***Do Not Buy***

gasaman

NES Member
I think I have been ripped off! I purchased a chest holster on November 25, 2010, or so I thought. The web site http://www.survivalsheath.com/main/home.htm states 4-6 week wait. I paid for it by credit card and never recieved it. Is it too late to contact my credit card company? What other options do I have to possibly rectify the situation? I have sent numerous e-mails asking about delivery with no return response. Phone calls go unanswered and straight to a mailbox stating it is full. This guy Robert Humelbaugh is the owner, prior to my actual ordering he and I corresponded thru e-mails with a couple fitment questions I had. Please pass the word this guy is NO-GOOD!

Every credit card is different, call your credit card company and see if you can reverse the charges. My guess is he's probably backed up. Some of those holster makers have 4-6 MONTH waits, never mind 4-6 weeks.

Good luck,this guy doesn't look like he messes around..

robertpic.jpg

I've seen that guy's picture before on another site. Seems someone else had the same problems.

Let me see if can find it.....

they shouldn't have charged you until your order ships!!!! i only order from places like that. [thinking] it's a good ref. for when to expect it.

maybe the company went tits up?

I just googled him and found a couple bad reviews, though most were favorable....
(1)http://199.231.142.3/forums/showthread.php?t=800117
(2)http://www.bbb.org/oregon/business-reviews/camping-equipment/survival-sheath-in-dallas-or-22511734
(3)Survival Sheath Systems
Has anyone had any trouble or contact with this company. The owner is Robert Humelbaugh and they make what is called the chest holster that had a very nice write-up in one of the gun magazines lately. I placed an order with him 2 months ago and he was very pleassant on the phone . My order was to be no more than 2 weeks. I have called several times and the story always changes, last being he could not get his gun from some FFL dealer for a pattern. Robert was paid from a debit visa card and now I cannot get him to even answer the phone. Product got awesome write up and I really liked the way it was shown to carry, but now I dont have my holster, am out my money and cannot reach him. Web site is
SURVIVAL SHEATH SYSTEMS : Kydex Holsters & Sheaths, Knives, Survival Kits, Water Purifiers, Fire Starters and More Any input or help would be greatly appreciated !!!!
(4)Great review. I like Survial Sheaths' work, but I have to send out a buyer beware warning for Robert Humelbaugh the owner. I paid him to make a custom chest rig for my Ruger Alaskan in Aug. 2009 and to make a long story short... After several telephone calls to him and several apologize back from him, he never made my rig and never refunded my money. Purchase from him at your own risk.

I ordered a sheath for my Trailmaster on 14 August, 2009. My CC was charged the same day, and Robert emailed me with a question a few hours later.

On 19 September 2009, I received an email stating the sheath was done, and should ship soon.

I emailed him on 13 April 2010 asking where my stuff was. He emailed me back that day to say he'd whip up another sheath and send it out.

I still don't have it.

OMG He called my house 2 weeks ago and asked if I ever received a credit on my CC. I was cold and short with my answers with him. Yet a couple days later my account was refunded in full. So he isn't a scammer or theif, just a piss poor business man in over his head. Crazy right?!?

I'd expect this has happened before with other small businesses. Getting national exposure can actually be bad for a business if you do not have a plan for rapid expansion. Even if you can adapt to a short term surge in orders the back orders can kill you.

That blows, I hope you get it sorted out.

Now I have no experience with these products and I'm only really referring to the chest holster. Am I the only one who thinks based on his product pictures that it looks like a POS? I personally wouldn't want to try to reliably/quickly/safely draw my weapon from that thing. I have some really cheap belts that look more trustworthy than those tiny straps.

My $0.02 is if you can't carry on your hip, small of back, cross draw, etc. then a better choice is a shoulder rig. If a chest mount is that important I'd just deal with wearing a molle vest or empty plate carrier. Plus on top of that excoastie is right, it's not worth the risk!

Back
Top Bottom