Do Hordes of First-Time Gun Owners Mean There's a New Formidable Voting Bloc in Future Elections?

Reptile

NES Member
In the wake of the George Floyd riots and the coronavirus lockdowns, millions are flocking to the gun stores. There has been a breakdown of law and order. Leftist thugs are seizing parts of American cities. And the cities have become bastions of criminality and mayhem. Minneapolis has been devastated. New York City was lost to the mob for a few nights. Looting, vandalism, and arson were all hallmark characteristics in the many riots that erupted after the officer-involved death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. One thing was certain from this event: the police cannot protect all the time. As a result, there’s been a rush to the gun stores. Katie wrote about it yesterday:

I think for people not born into and fully plugged into gun ownership and "culture", there's a progression that some but not all make from "I own a gun" or not even acknowledging gun ownership publicly to "ALL GUN LAWS ARE INFRINGEMENTS, WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED?!?! REPEAL THE NFA!!!"

Some people will buy a gun and then sell it once their fear subsides. Others will be "blue" gun owners. A fewer amount will likely become more conservative/libertarian and involved in the 2A community. Then, a select few will go all the way.

Its up for each individual. No one category of society thinks the same and votes the same, especially gun owners, where its pretty easy to become part of the club - own a particular piece of chattel.

No, because they're mostly not subject to the same "hoops" that we are, here, in the DPRM, and think it's easy. Then, they're overwhelmed by the new stuff to buy, and things to do. Or, they believe that now that they have a gun, they're all set, and it goes into the closet or safe, or drawer (local storage laws and/or customs being adhered to, of course).

Hell, even here in Mass, less than 10% (IIRC) of the licensed gun owners are GOAL members.

Firearms are just a tool, semi useless in an untrained hand . Without somewhat regular shooting drills and reloading techniques a 1st time firearm owner is more likely to hit the target if they throw the firearm at it . I know at least one person that owns a revolver that has never fired a handgun ever.

Firearms are just a tool, semi useless in an untrained hand . Without somewhat regular shooting drills and reloading techniques a 1st time firearm owner is more likely to hit the target if they throw the firearm at it . I know at least one person that owns a revolver that has never fired a handgun ever.

Disagree to an extent. Yes, training is important. However, even without training, someone can usually still protect their life and the lives of their family when confronting a threat within 10 feet in a home. One of the benefits of a firearm as an equalizing tool is that it doesn’t take a lot of time to be “good enough” for many real world personal defense scenarios. It’s not like learning swordsmanship. More training will increase effectiveness, but even without training, I wouldn’t say a gun is “semi-useless”.

Left loves gun control, always will. They just want their special people to have all the guns and pull the trigger. ... or and don't count on any kind of logic here, most progressives are mentally retarded or ill who can not tell reality from dreams or chain of consequences.

In the wake of the George Floyd riots and the coronavirus lockdowns, millions are flocking to the gun stores. There has been a breakdown of law and order. Leftist thugs are seizing parts of American cities. And the cities have become bastions of criminality and mayhem. Minneapolis has been devastated. New York City was lost to the mob for a few nights. Looting, vandalism, and arson were all hallmark characteristics in the many riots that erupted after the officer-involved death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. One thing was certain from this event: the police cannot protect all the time. As a result, there’s been a rush to the gun stores. Katie wrote about it yesterday:

God I hope so!!!

You'll see a whole range of people/responses

From folks that are red pilled to new gun owners that vocally claim they are happy to register their new gun

I think for people not born into and fully plugged into gun ownership and "culture", there's a progression that some but not all make from "I own a gun" or not even acknowledging gun ownership publicly to "ALL GUN LAWS ARE INFRINGEMENTS, WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED?!?! REPEAL THE NFA!!!"

Some people will buy a gun and then sell it once their fear subsides. Others will be "blue" gun owners. A fewer amount will likely become more conservative/libertarian and involved in the 2A community. Then, a select few will go all the way.

Its up for each individual. No one category of society thinks the same and votes the same, especially gun owners, where its pretty easy to become part of the club - own a particular piece of chattel.
I think it’s different now. I think the people that saw the writing on the wall after COVID and all the defunding police stuff are waking up. I had a woman call me looking to get her LTC and she told me she used to be a die hard anti. As soon as she realized she couldn’t rely on the police she knew she needed to get a firearm for her and her family’s protection. I told her after she gets said LTC the Democrats are not her friend and to vote accordingly. She agreed.

There's a new bloc of people that will continue to reflexively vote D who now happen to own guns.

Reminder that Communists killed ~100M people over the last century

not if a lot of the owners are liberal idiots that are too dumb to connect their gun ownership back to the concept of freedom...they'll buy guns and then vote for the people who would take them away.

Nope, because us old-time owners don't have a formidible voting block....we keep voting to re-elect the same corrupt politicans who lie to us & trample our Civil Rights...especially in Mass!

Disagree to an extent. Yes, training is important. However, even without training, someone can usually still protect their life and the lives of their family when confronting a threat within 10 feet in a home. One of the benefits of a firearm as an equalizing tool is that it doesn’t take a lot of time to be “good enough” for many real world personal defense scenarios. It’s not like learning swordsmanship. More training will increase effectiveness, but even without training, I wouldn’t say a gun is “semi-useless”.

Exactly Pap, one doesn’t need to be an NES Operator to stick a revolver in someone’s ribs & pull the trigger. A get off me gun is better than no gun.

<edit> Maddawg, sounds like that friend of yours got the right type of gun for their circumstance.

<edit> Maddawg, sounds like that friend of yours got the right type of gun for their circumstance. FORTUNATLY for me these aren't any of my friends , just people I know or have had the occasion to have coversations with. Most all my close friend, have had at least basic training and spent several years actually carrying a weapon in the service of their country. Just for thought also , most people think that the are Gene Autry with a handgun, until one actually has to be used to defend your life. I never meant they couldn't hit something within10 feet but in my opinion if your opponent is within 10 feet you already lost most all of you tactical advantage , and shooting his sorry ass is all you have left.

Last edited:
Don’t know that it matters.

There’s plenty of gun owners that are ok with infringements, AWB and the like. People on this very forum were arguing the bump stock ban didn’t matter.

I think many moderate democrats might be swayed from the position of "nobody is going to take your guns" IF they actually pay attention.. for instance how many of you have read Biden's gun plan? I have.. but many moderate democrats who support gun rights but aren't gun enthusiasts won't and just make assumptions that its minor changes unlikely to occur anyway.

Overall new gun owners is great but we need to get the word out on specifics of what democrats are trying to do.

These moderate democrat leaners do exist, often over single issue voting abortion or issues with politicians catering to religion - both things I agree with them on but value other things Republicans stand for more.

Republicans would be wise to strongly/publicly state they think abortion is decided law that should be left alone, and to actually leave it be, and also to avoid appearing religious. Such only buys them a few votes but looses them a whole lot more if you ask me, especially among women.

Nope. Because they still trust the dems when they lie and say “nobody is coming for your guns”.

and they do not make the correlation that "dems" = bad for guns and 2A.

Most new LTC holders I speak to have an aha moment when I tell them they need to vote for pro 2A candidates and that those candidates are never democrats.

Left loves gun control, always will. They just want their special people to have all the guns and pull the trigger. ... or and don't count on any kind of logic here, most progressives are mentally retarded or ill who can not tell reality from dreams or chain of consequences.

Can't say i'm much different. I do hope most of the new gun owners are indeed right-wingers - We dont actually want our ideological enemies to be armed now do we?

Back
Top Bottom