• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do any women carry a crossbreed supertuck??

I am looking into buying one of these, but can't find a woman who uses one. I have found that holsters comfortable on a man, are not necessarily comfortable on me. If any of the women carry with one, could you please let me know how you like it??
Thanks [smile]

I'm not a woman, but I do have a supertuck, and one thing that's important to know is that moving it just an inch back or forward can make an enormous difference in how it feels, so if you get one, be sure to try it out in a many different positions until you find the 'magic' one.

I am looking into buying one of these, but can't find a woman who uses one. I have found that holsters comfortable on a man, are not necessarily comfortable on me. If any of the women carry with one, could you please let me know how you like it??
Thanks [smile]

Jenlynn, I could let you try mine if you would like. It is for a Walther P99 but you could try just wearing it without to give you some idea of how it would feel. I also have the regular Crossbreed IWB for the P99 and for a 1911.
I don't know where you are in southeastern mass. I am in south central ma.
Also last time I checked Mark at Crossbreed offers a trial period so you could always order one try it out and return it if you don't like it.

Jim

I would try one out before buying, that's what I did. Our friend has one and I cc with it one night and it rubbed my hip raw from where it sat on my hip bone. I liked it but it was too big for my frame and just sat on a funny spot moving it around didn't help as it just kind of wrapped around me too much.

I find holster shopping the worst!

IIRC GOAL has one. I highly recommend taking the "Art of Concealed Carry" course that they offer. It's a great overview of the law and the gear available. You can try on a bunch of different holsters that GOAL has.

I'm not a woman, but I do have a supertuck, and one thing that's important to know is that moving it just an inch back or forward can make an enormous difference in how it feels, so if you get one, be sure to try it out in a many different positions until you find the 'magic' one.

hminsky is correct - moving it around a little can make a big difference. Like any new leather holster, it's pretty stiff when you first start using it. After you use it for a while it softens up and feels much better. When I first tried it, I found it rather uncomfortable. After using it for a few weeks, I forget that's it even there. Retention is good with my PPK/s.

Sending you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom