DIY Videos

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Like many people who haven't been able to get hands on training I have searched out online videos demonstrating build techniques. Many of them are good efforts but fall short of any real quality pictures and explanations. And often they stumble over some part names and other small mistakes.

Sootch00 on Youtube seems to be able to avoid most of these problems. First off his videos seem to be shot in HD which makes them easier to follow and understand. Expanding the video to full screen gives you an excellent view of what is going on. His narrative is clear, concise, and very informative. Maybe a tad fast sometimes but that's what pause and rewind are for.

Many Youtube DIY makes obviously know what they are doing but cannot always impart that knowledge to the viewer. My observation is that Sootch00 excels in that skill. Here is his video of swapping out the AR-15 trigger assembly. Be prepared to be "triggered" (obligatory bad FPrice pun).

my name is john i make videos with cell phone and poor lighting. often in my shorty pants and many the big toe can be seen:eek:

The good thing is you can pick out the good and bad out of the videos. I know im no expert. I post videos often out of boredom. Those with the good equipment, lighting and production skills are a plus

Nothing wrong with posting videos and trying to help others. Wish I was talented enough to create videos. I am lucky that I can get them to play. :p

Back
Top Bottom