• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DIY: Tank, SU-76m (rated PG-2 ... lots of milk drinking and cartoon watching)

yes!!! to the flamethrower event! that would be awesome

the flammenwerfer event is so awesome and epic by itself that I'm afraid that mere existence of so many working flamethrowers and full auto MGs would tear a hole in the space-time continuum that would suck up all the freedom hating politicians from the Beacon hill and there will be no one left to rule over MA.

I have some work to do on the tracks. Tracked vehicles are royal pain the butt and I got some commitments already.

I have some work to do on the tracks. Tracked vehicles are royal pain the butt and I got some commitments already.

You know you want to blow off all of that and blow up something at the flame off ...... hell, even with no tracks it will be amazing....

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Pretty ****ing awesome. How about a rail gun? ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Hey Boris, if you bring this baby up to Monadnock for the pumpkin shoot, you'll earn a large bottle of Stoli!

When is it? You are coming this fall, right? ... because I have another project that's a little more ... German. May be it will be done by then. ... also 1/4 scale though [laugh] ... that bottle, it's 1/4 scale also? [laugh]

Turn up the heat on your welding machine my friend. Your not getting any penetration all your weld is on the surface.

A lot of steel on it is pretty thin, so I'm always paranoid to burn through or warp it. I'd tack hot, then layer welds. It probably doesn't make sense, but it's pretty sound structurally and originals weren't prettier [laugh]

A lot of steel on it is pretty thin, so I'm always paranoid to burn through or warp it. I'd tack hot, then layer welds. It probably doesn't make sense, but it's pretty sound structurally and originals weren't prettier [laugh]

Nothing wrong with padding welds .

If it's a high stress point you should hear the metal around the weld to help temper it . But you probably know that .

When is it? You are coming this fall, right? ... because I have another project that's a little more ... German. May be it will be done by then. ... also 1/4 scale though [laugh] ... that bottle, it's 1/4 scale also? [laugh]

If you bring that tank to a car shoot, I'll bring you six full size bottles of vodka.

Hey Boris, if you bring this baby up to Monadnock for the pumpkin shoot, you'll earn a large bottle of Stoli!

holy crap, when is the shoot?

I may be introducing my spawn to the sound of gun fire at this pumpkin shoot. Would be BAD ASS to take a Christmas card picture of her in your tank with all sorts of rifles and shit leaning against it.

Just throwing that out there.

11/7 and we'll be there. I'll be coming over together with 3 friends, so you can pretend to fend off an invasion by the Germanskis with your toy. The NH Liquor Stores sell Stoli in 1.75 liter bottles, so that would definitely not be 1/4 scale. It's actually on sale at the moment at $ 24.99 - just 2 bucks more than a liter bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be classy, Ed.

Please tell me you're building a working 1/4 replica of the Bismark.

I may be introducing my spawn to the sound of gun fire at this pumpkin shoot. Would be BAD ASS to take a Christmas card picture of her in your tank with all sorts of rifles and shit leaning against it.

Just throwing that out there.

Dude, that won't be a problem, you just need to get some flektarn baby blankets.

Please tell me you're building a working 1/4 replica of the Bismark.

No, actually I was thinking Pak38. It was 50 mm gun, so 1/4 scale would be perfect for 50BMG, breech loaded and rifled barrel and all.

PAK-38-at-YTE-2013b.jpg

11/7 and we'll be there. I'll be coming over together with 3 friends, so you can pretend to fend off an invasion by the Germanskis with your toy.

If Pak38 would be ready by that time, we can have a crew with authentic sound track to go with it. ... and no, you can't shoot the tank [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom