• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DIY Slug-o-Tron: barrel slugging machine, now portable!

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
I posted the first version of the slug-o-tron build in another place, I don't want to repeat the theory and other crap. I do want to repeat a great thank you to NES members who helped me out: RKG, 50BMG, Slowdive, DneproMike and EddieCoyle! Many thanks!

Ok, so here is a portable version of the slug-o-tron: it slugs your barrel in 15 sec and records how much tension it encountered during pulling of the slug. The latter may be indicative of some bore qualities, but х.з.

first thing, we grab some vodka, some c-channel and whatever pieces of scrap we got lying around. Make this and color it Obama banner red.

sotnes1.jpg~original

Of course it was too cold outside and paint wasn't drying, may be need to pay more taxes. So I baked it, it becomes darker. The middle of the platform and the bottom of the sled is sanded down from paint. Those parts will glide on each other.

sotnes2.jpg~original

Also on bottom, I make the third leg so that platform does not keel over:

sotnes3.jpg~original

Platform and sled are attached to each other using a bronze bearing in the middle. It makes things smoother:

sotnes4.jpg~original

and then grease them up lightly

sotnes5.jpg~original

This is how slug-o-tron will look:

sotnes6.jpg~original

At the back we attach load cell:

sotnes7.jpg~original

and some boring electronic crap:

sotnes8.jpg~original

where barrel goes, you can use a bronze insert or a custom made piece, like I did:

sotnes9.jpg~original

here it is inserted at the front:

sotnes10.jpg~original

stick cable through and you are ready to go:

sotnes11.jpg~original

I wrote a quick program to capture data and present it in blue color:

sotnes12.jpg~original

Also, here is a faggy box to store slugs:

sotnes13.jpg~original

The whole thing fits

sotnes14.jpg~original

We are ready to travel:

sotnes15.jpg~original

I want to track you down and have a beer or 12 with you. The conversation would be worth whatever it costs.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

I want to track you down and have a beer or 12 with you. The conversation would be worth whatever it costs.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

Drag him to the 603 and Olde Kilkenny Pub in Milford soon to be 47 beers on tap and they have 2.50 drafts during happy hour, $.10 wings on Sundays

Back
Top Bottom