Divorce

My fault for using the incorrect term "Vaughn Declaration" instead of "Vaught Affadavit"

But a parent can change their will at anytime, and leave the divorcing child nothing. Especially if the courts say the ex will get 1/2 of it upon their death

The legally joining is risky because it seems like in many cases one brings worth and the other just brings themself (depreciating asset)
If you have no kids and you are both worth nothing you only have so much you can lose

But a parent can change their will at anytime, and leave the divorcing child nothing. Especially if the courts say the ex will get 1/2 of it upon their death
That is not how this operates.

The court "considers" the asset when deciding what an "equitable" split of marital assets is, but does not award a portion of a future inheritance. The court may, for example, decide on a 70/30 or 61/39 split instead of 50/50 split favoring the party not likely to inherit something. Have a rich parent who wants to leave the money to a cat shelter? If the court does not believe that, that pseudo-asset is counted against you and you are screwed.

Fortunately, colleges have not yet caught onto this idea.

The legally joining is risky because it seems like in many cases one brings worth and the other just brings themself (depreciating asset)
If you have no kids and you are both worth nothing you only have so much you can lose
LMAO [rofl]

[thumbsup]You delivered in time for sundown on Halloween.

Wonder how many parents, et. al. simply rewrite their wills before discovery...
This is why the date of last will update is specifically included as a requirement in a Vaughn affadavit.

Last edited:
That is not how this operates.

The court "considers" the asset when deciding what an "equitable" split of marital assets is, but does not award a portion of a future inheritance. The court may, for example, decide on a 70/30 or 61/39 split instead of 50/50 split favoring the party not likely to inherit something. Have a rich parent who wants to leave the money to a cat shelter? If the court does not believe that, that pseudo-asset is counted against you and you are screwed.

Fortunately, colleges have not yet caught onto this idea.
This. It’s been said a lot here but when MA says 50/50 split it’s not just dollars and cents. There’s a very nice boat in the Marina that is named “she got the house”. It’s best to work out an equal agreement between the two parties than to have the person with the robe do it.

Exactly. Marriage is hard work even in the best of circumstances. You BOTH have to want it and work at it for it will not last.

Here are my 3 rules for making a marriage work. Of course there are more but if both of you can't get these 3 right then you have no hope.

1. Never lie to each other. This will kill a marriage faster than a Hi Point will jam.
2. Learn to compromise.
3. Make the decision that you want this marriage to last and then work at it.

I've been with my wife since I was in High School. We've had some super tough patches to the point that we went our separate ways for 7 years and then got back together. I would never BS anyone, it's damn hard work and there are some shitty days but in the end if you can stick it out it is worth it.
Not always. I'm guilty of #1.
Her: How much did you spend on that gun?
Me: It was only $100.
Her: Did you buy another gun?
Me: This old thing? I've had that forever.
My marriage survived 43 yrs so far. 😁

After reading all 9 pages all l can say is thank god i never married. Last one i was with i caught cheating, her reply to me when confronted was "what makes you think you are special, i have cheated on everyone i have ever been with". Total Kvnt. Karma caught up to her a yr. later, but thats a story for another day.

Oddly enough most men I know that have been divorced make out better in the long run. Usually 2 years out end up with the kids and no more child support anyways. What the f$&# is it with women nowadays can't get their shit together. I'm happily married thank God. But even with all the assets stolen, child support, alimony, judges helping them, so many women I've know just can't be divorced and keep it together. Disclaimer to female members here I'm not generalizing to all divorced females just voicing my observations. OP just get it done with and don't get wrapped up in lying under oath.

After reading all 9 pages all l can say is thank god i never married. Last one i was with i caught cheating, her reply to me when confronted was "what makes you think you are special, i have cheated on everyone i have ever been with". Total Kvnt. Karma caught up to her a yr. later, but thats a story for another day.
We have time…

My exwife didn't steal my house, the judge stole it abs gave it to her. I bought it and paid it off before we met, she never had a job the entire time we were together due to undiagnosed mental illness, lived in the house for 6 years before I had enough and said go to treatment, stay in treatment, or I'm done. She stabbed me when the chief of police came to talk her down from fake suicide attempt #34.

Everything was fine in court until she jumped up and yelled that I was cheating on her with her best friend. The judge gave her everything. I had NOT been cheating on her, but after the divorce, I did hook up with that friend. Spite was all I had left at that point.

This is why the date of last will update is specifically included as a requirement in a Vaughn affadavit.
Yet another reason not to live in the PRM.

1. Never lie to each other. This will kill a marriage faster than a Hi Point will jam.
Not always. I'm guilty of #1.
Her: How much did you spend on that gun?
Me: It was only $100.
Her: Did you buy another gun?
Me: This old thing? I've had that forever.
My marriage survived 43 yrs so far. 😁
That's the Barnum Principle.
I linked the definition,
so you don't have to Google it.

No telling how many men are unknowingly raising children that aren't theirs.
17% to 33% (median of 26.9%)
Lord Kelvin approves of this answer.

ce8fdf3a-c504-4664-b363-e97b78939ee9-jpeg.537938
5q1adm.jpg

We have time…
Yeah; we'll pull up a chair.
maxresdefault-5-e1534519095264-998x656.jpg

So she probably cheated with you when with her previous BF.

How you get them is how you lose them.

I've told that to several women who were seeing married guys. Then after the guys gets rid of the wife eventually he cheats on the new chick and she's all upset and surprised.

Yep. It comes back around.

Back
Top Bottom