• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Disturbing Trend for MA Residents?

JonJ

NES Member
I know a lot of ammo dealer won't ship to Mass but I was surfing around today and I found this at the top of EVERY product description page at Coles Distributing:
WE DO NOT SHIP TO MA. AND THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO MAGAZINES SHIPPED TO RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, NEW JERSEY, OR D.C. WITHOUT PROPER LICENSING!!!!!

Anyone ever deal with them before? Is this something new from them? I've checked their pages before but never noticed, WE DO NOT SHIP TO MA.
How long before other dealers follow suit?

Jon

Jon,

I'm getting ready to order for some accessories and was going thru a recent Sportsman's Guide catalog. If I had time to waste, I'd figure out who is the CEO and send a letter to him (but I don't have that much time to waste), since they are utterly nuts. Here's some of the things they will not ship to MA (in addition to any ammo/components or mags-regardless of capacity):

- pellet guns
- bayonets/knives
- Kimber .22LR conversion kit for 1911
- laser boresighters
- blackpowder rifle
- antique rifle (NON-gun per MGLs)
- blank guns
- laser sights/grips
- Chip McCormick Super Match Triggers
- Flare gun
- .45ACP Full Moon Clips
- silhouette targets (not even the "milk bottle" shaped target)
- 1911 .45ACP barrels
- 1911 .45 Compensator Barrel Bushing
- spring/pin/tactical safety/selector switch/tactical latch/bolt component/or other parts kits for AR15
- recoil pads for AR15 or CAR15
- stock sets (full-length), handguards, flashlight holder, mag coupler, bipods, flat-top base for Weaver mounts, pistol grips, tactical mounts, rails (or accessories), carry handles, uppers for AR15
- M1 Carbine spring kits or scope mount with rings
- replica guns
- SKS fiberforce stock, scope mount, "value pack" (scope, scope mount, rings, stripper clips, and gas port cleaning tool), repair parts kit for SKS
- AK side mount scope mount or stock set
- dummy grenades
- M14/M1A scope mount, dual mag holders, M14 USGI stripper clips/guide, M1A1 bolt/spring buffer/rod kit
- FAL pistol grip w/cleaning kit
- Heatseeker IR spotter
- Spotting scope with built-in laser sight
- Full length stock set/sling for G3/HK91
- MG34 barrels
- crossbows and broadheads for same
- BB guns, CO2 cartridges, pellets, BBs
- BSA air rifle scopes with rings

What's most interesting is that SOME other barrels, stock sets, scopes, scope mounts, clips (e.g. M1) ARE (according to the catalog) OK to ship to MA while the above are Banned (by them)! Strange and stupid!

OK Len, so after that list, just what were able to order [?]
I just can't believe that Coles would have a "No ship to Ma" blanket policy.
Makes you wonder what horror stories they heard out of this great state or what kind of threats they received from our elected idiots (officials).

JonJ said:
OK Len, so after that list, just what were able to order [?]
I just can't believe that Coles would have a "No ship to Ma" blanket policy.
Makes you wonder what horror stories they heard out of this great state or what kind of threats they received from our elected idiots (officials).

I would imagine they have had problems with the AG in MA before and just don't want to deal with it anymore.

The AG targeted ~10 out-of-state dealers ~18 months ago and threatened them with major lawsuits and fines UNLESS they signed a "consent decree". I believe that all of them signed the "consent decree" (legal extortion) and thus promised to NEVER ship almost anything <nobody can get a copy of the agreement but it probably included anything to do with guns/ammo/knives/bayonets/lasers/etc.> into MA, regardless of any permit/signature requirement, etc.

Word spread like wildfire from the effected dealers and most companies changed their policies re MA. It worked just like the IRS audits . . . screw one and they tell ten people who tell ten people who tell ten people . . . End result is that almost everyone takes an even more defensive posture than the gov't required of those who were caught.

I found out a few years ago many places don't even want to TALK to you if your from Mass. I did find a few companys that WILL ship here. When I called one place the guy asked me, " why wouldn't we ship to Mass.?" They are far and few between. I do have a C&R FFL and a Class A permit, but I don't think that matters much.

Seems to me Len that it's time someone filed a "Freedom of Information Act" request for all correspondence including the "decree" that the AG had with those 18 companies. Do you know if GOAL has attempted that?

Maybe we should have Derek add a new forum "Stickey".....Massachusetts Friendly Out of State Dealers/Vendors.

Jon, the history of the AG's office is abysmal and since they are the chief "law enforcement" in the state, they can and do get away with murder.

GOAL filed FOIA for the AG's Regs, it took them a few years to get access to only some of the material and they were charged ~$7K for the privilege! Read the following for the background.
http://www.goal.org/news/agfraud/fraudhome.html

NO, if we publish (anywhere) the names of companies that are willing to ship into MA, they WILL get hammered by the AG's office and be forced to shutdown any sales into MA. I know for a fact that the CHSB/FRB/AG have "trolls" looking thru online forums for such info that can be used against us. Best that we hand off any such knowledge person to person.

7K for the paperwork? Geeze, so much for "reasonable costs incurred"!!!!
And yes in retrospect I have to admitt, the stickey I suggested was a very stupid idea.
I'm slowly finding out who will and will not. I just went through a week of trying to get some M14 mags. One company will not sell followers to Mass!
Just a sad state of affairs.

Lynne said:
Who the heck can blame them for not shipping to us. WE live here and WE don't even know what the hell the AG wants. :?

Sure we do, Lynne. He wants all our guns, then he wants to become Governor, and finally either President, Emperor for Life or Reichsfuhrer. :x

Ken

KMaurer said:
Lynne said:
Who the heck can blame them for not shipping to us. WE live here and WE don't even know what the hell the AG wants. :?

Sure we do, Lynne. He wants all our guns, then he wants to become Governor, and finally either President, Emperor for Life or Reichsfuhrer. :x

Ken

Worse than that Ken, how about Bill Clinton Sec. General of the UN (world Emperor) and Hillary as President! Now there is a nightmare.
Jon

KMaurer said:
Lynne said:

Ken

Too true, Ken, but I was talking about what he'd allow us to have for guns....the few that he's grudingly giving in to (for the time being that is) . And I think he's thinking more along the lines of Reichsfuhrer. :)

The Flaming SOB of an AG that we have in this state has now gone too bloody far!!!!!!!!! I heard on the radio tonight (as hubby and I were coming home from Kittery Trading post to buy BP for the weekend) that our infamous AG now wants a serial number on every bullet that comes into this state. [twisted] [twisted] [twisted] For those of you who don't live in this hell hole called MA, our AG has the right to enact whatever law he wants as long as it's done under the guise of consumer protection. He doesn't have to go before the legicritters, or get approval from the Gov.... nope he's got carte blanche as long as it "saves the consumers". They didn't have a big blip on the story, just that this is what he wants to do and that it will "help catch criminals". BS, pure and simple. Criminals don't go into a place that sells ammo, where they have to produce a license to buy ammo. GIVE ME A BREAK! He's only doing this to put FFL's out of business and make it harder for those of us who are legit to buy ammo. Ammo dealer's are NOT going to refit their equipment just to sell to MA. I'm so PO'd right now, I could chew a bullet.

I F'ING HATE THIS STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you said everything I wanted to say. Im to angry to type it all out. Find a friend in NH plain and simple.

I couldnt resist. You know what is funny with this whole serialize all bullets? They actually think this will help with crime. It is truly amazing to look at the thought process of these people.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm right on the border...thankfully. But the range we go to is a public range in Salisbury, MA. Most of his gravy comes from ammo sales. This SUCKS! Why can't people like that A-hole die in a car accident or something???

Lynne said:
I'm right on the border...thankfully. But the range we go to is a public range in Salisbury, MA. Most of his gravy comes from ammo sales. This SUCKS! Why can't people like that A-hole die in a car accident or something???

that only happens to good people.

derek said:
I couldnt resist. You know what is funny with this whole serialize all bullets? They actually think this will help with crime. It is truly amazing to look at the thought process of these people.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

That's the problem hun, they DON'T think. They only scheme to disarm us. Since they can't do it out right (due to fed and state constitutions), they'll do it by making it harder to buy the guns (which the AG has already done) and then even harder to get the stuff to shoot out of them. They're sneaky bastards. I hate the majority of them. The AG has to be stopped - plain and simple. They (the legicritters) have to put reins on him by not allowing him to run amuck with laws that don't even get a chance to be voted on. He has WAY too much authority. (I'm still P'd - can you tell?)

Back when I lived in California, a neighbor of mine (another one of Uncle Sam's misguided children) had collected close to a half ton of wheel weights and diving weights in his garage, along with several old duffle bags full of brass. He also had enough powder and primers to scare the absolute sh*t out of your typical public official. A wondered once or twice whether he might be a little over the top, but have long since decided that he was just one completely squared away Marine. The only thing that makes this place even remotely tollerable is the fact that I can run over to NH in about 5 minutes.

Ken

I don't know if it will do any good, but I'm writing my Senator. (my rep is an A-hole) He is supportive of firearms ownership since his father was a police officer as well as the firearms training officer for the Methuen PD. I think he might have a problem with the AG's running amuck. I think we all need to write a letter or two. Remember - the wheel that squeaks the loudest gets oiled, and, sometimes those wheels deal with guns.

This BS is the reason why I no longer will do business with Aim Surplus.
-MASSACHUSETTS CUSTOMERS: 01 FFL Dealers may purchase handguns that are on the MA approved for sale list, rifles without high capacity magazines. No C&R firearms sales. No high capacity magazine sales to anyone or dealer in MA. No Ammunition Sales.

Also had them remove my name from their mailing list, not that they really care one way or the other. [roll]

Mass. subjects need to do all they can to see that the AG doesn't have a chance in hell of becoming Governor.

Gettin' of the Soap Box for now!

MikeD122 said:
This BS is the reason why I no longer will do business with Aim Surplus.
-MASSACHUSETTS CUSTOMERS: 01 FFL Dealers may purchase handguns that are on the MA approved for sale list, rifles without high capacity magazines. No C&R firearms sales. No high capacity magazine sales to anyone or dealer in MA. No Ammunition Sales.

Also had them remove my name from their mailing list, not that they really care one way or the other. [roll]

Mass. subjects need to do all they can to see that the AG doesn't have a chance in hell of becoming Governor.

Gettin' of the Soap Box for now!

Mike,

If the AG got elected to Governor, I would have to leave as soon as I could. It is a scary thought.

Back
Top Bottom