Dissapproved???Updated final time 8/25

I find it odd that a 2nd letter would not be incorporated into the one I posted, as it covers all the other NFA firearms. There could very well be a newer letter that condemns SBRs, and I'll dig for it. I may need to proceed off the board if this gets any more complex.

So was the AG desk guy going to look into it further on his side? Clearly ATF is working off some letter. If it is the text from the letter that Hickson posted then it would appear that ATF is riding well off the reservation.

Also did you include a copy of your LTC with the Form 1?

The ATF told me the letter I quoted from Hickson, was not the one that denied me.

The AG criminal side said he could open an inquiry but that he knew of nothing. I told him to stand by.

My next is to hear from the branch chief.

As far as the LTC, I did not enclose but the examiner said not an issue, the form clearly stated her reason "illegal in MA".

I will at least get a copy of their lettter one way or another.

Who is the examiner

Just wondering who examiner is, , wondering if I will have same problem!!!!!! I spoke with examiner at ATF on Friday , I explained to him I was from MA. and looking to send in form 4 I ask if MA resd. could obtain SBR he put me on hold. Came back on and told me he did not see why I could not buy one, He did tell me to enclose copy of LTC.

j886

Last edited:
Well my examiner was N.D. She was adamant that this was a new directive and one that seemed odd to all the other examiner too. I figure by the time I get all the answers I will have worn out my welcome at the ATF.

SBR ?SBS

Just wondering if you may have put SBS in 4b type of gun box not SBR. Just a thought!!!!!!!\Seem NFA may be could up on approving SBS in MA.

Will update post later today. The ATF Branch Chief said it was a communication issue. Now all you SBR builders are good to go. I am stuck going to the bottom of the pile with a new application.

whenever I send in a F4 or anything for approval of an NFA item I send a copy of my Green card. Just dont want to take any chances and it does not hurt anything.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom