• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Display issues with Safarai on iPad and iPhone

There has been a near constant problem on my devices with weird displaying of avatars and other images all over the screen on my iPhone 6 and my iPad. Both are running the latest iOS (8.1.2).

For instance, the same avatar will appear on every thread over and over.

If I can figure out how to take a screen shot, I'll add it to this post.

Thank you.

There has been a near constant problem on my devices with weird displaying of avatars and other images all over the screen on my iPhone 6 and my iPad. Both are running the latest iOS (8.1.2).
Ditto. The only way I've found to temporarily "fix" the issues is go into settings and clear cache and cookies.

Note, please, for what it's worth: I frequent other fora using vBulletin and variants thereupon, and NES is the only forum which displays these issues.

Yep, it gets pretty trippy. I've had all the emoticons temporarily turn into someone's avatar. I've just been chalking it up to a safari / vB 4.2 artifact bug.

attachment.php

Here is a screen shot showing the repeated avatars. Please note, this is not my avatar being repeated. Mine is usually the very last one.

I'm glad to see it is not just me having this problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 74
Same here. Thanks for binging this up. I've been meaning too.

I have seen it too....a hard restart makes it go away for me (hold power and home button till you see the apple).

Shut off java script and problem gone. It started happening when I updated my software 2 months ago.

Last edited:
The issue lies with the way the new version of Safari interacts with the server setup at NES... unfortunately there really isn't anything I can do about it on my side short of completely changing the server makeup - nor anything you can do about it on your side, short of downgrading iOS which isn't really possible either.

Here's a decent writeup:

http://tech.vg.no/2011/12/14/safari-on-ios-5-randomly-switches-images/

The issue lies with the way the new version of Safari interacts with the server setup at NES... unfortunately there really isn't anything I can do about it on my side short of completely changing the server makeup - nor anything you can do about it on your side, short of downgrading iOS which isn't really possible either.

Here's a decent writeup:

http://tech.vg.no/2011/12/14/safari-on-ios-5-randomly-switches-images/

If Safari users shut off javascript the issue will not be a problem. That is what I do when I use the I phone on this site.

If Safari users shut off javascript the issue will not be a problem. That is what I do when I use the I phone on this site.

If that works, so be it. Given how dependent a number of sites are on javascript, however, that may degrade your experience significantly depending on the website.

If that works, so be it. Given how dependent a number of sites are on javascript, however, that may degrade your experience significantly depending on the website.

This site is fine without javascript but youtube and alot others got pissy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom