• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Discrimination from Baker Administration Shines Bright During Covid-19 Crisis

The same logic could be applied to gun stores, however, that would be a bit more of a reach calling the action of selling a gun "speech".

Strangely enough theres a court case in CA that might have even gone Federal, Imbert and Smithers used to have a sign with a
pic of a revolver on the sign. The county/city/gov told them they couldn't have that on the sign. I think they took it to court and
won eventually.

-Mike

What is "least scrutiny?". I am familiar with rational basis, intermediate scrutiny and strict scrutiny but am not aware of "least scrutiny" being used in legal filings or decisions. Please enlighten.
The substance of a SCotUS ruling in the NYPSA V. NY case will have to at least address applying strict scrutiny if not the better oral, tradition, textural standard if they can't get the hard left side of the court to outright affirm the 2A is on par with the 1A. It was late and I was tired; didn't structure the sentence clearly.

NSSF says March set a record for gun sales so Ma. dealers are being prevented from exercising their rights to make a living because of partisan politics. If this isn't a slam dunk court case I don't know what is. I know the Ma. courts will rule in favor of Faker/Healey but we need more gun cases to head to the Supreme Court. Once Trump is re-elected it will be the Ruthie watch/countdown.

Strangely enough theres a court case in CA that might have even gone Federal, Imbert and Smithers used to have a sign with a
pic of a revolver on the sign. The county/city/gov told them they couldn't have that on the sign. I think they took it to court and
won eventually.

-Mike
Would county/city/gov due the same to a hamburger joint with a picture of a hamburger on it's sign.

Is there anything we can do at this point?

The founding fathers would just ignore the illegal orders at this point, and keep going.

What drives me nuts about this is the same people screaming that gun shops are non essential are the ones screaming we need UBC.

Obviously these folks are not into logic and don't mind being hypocritical, but we wouldn't need to see an FFL in person if it wasn't for the laws they push.

They really shouldn't be able to make both arguments.

Back
Top Bottom