Discovery Channel brings back Sons-of-Guns

Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell

"Then you see her walk around the shop and she looks straight out of the zoo."

This. Assuming, of course, that the zoo was run by those two hillbillies from "Deliverance" that beefed Ned Beatty.

Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell

This. Assuming, of course, that the zoo was run by those two hillbillies from "Deliverance" that beefed Ned Beatty.

cant be. Those guys are working at Knob Creek on "Guntucky"

images

There is a guy on Facebook selling a RJ ar15 and is asking five grand for it! There was over 100 comments laughing at the guy till the mod deleted them.

RJunk_zps0693b01f.jpg

Ill give props to flem. When they show his welds and stuff there pretty good and he seems to know his older guns.

I wanna cry when I see them machine stuff. You never seem them use coolant or oil on the mill . I allways have a spray bottle at least.

American guns was the worse with this .. I'm making a tommy gun receiver out of titanium and I'm not useing coolant at all.

The worse on red jacket them crashing the cnc and they have to call a tech guy.
It's not that hard to do if you inputting g code at the mill like I do you put a decimal place at the wrong place or you forget the -minus sign . But really you just send the machine home and re set it etc etc. should have to call a service tech for it . Granted they could of snaped a gear or some thing stupid but that really only happens at high feed rates when the machine doesn't shit it self off in time .
The way I was trained you run the machine at 20% speed on your first part and you keep your hand over the emo button.
That said I bet there designing there stuff in soild works then porting it with master cam to g code . They really should never crash the machine .

It's bull ...

I wanna cry when I see them machine stuff. You never seem them use coolant or oil on the mill . I allways have a spray bottle at least.

American guns was the worse with this .. I'm making a tommy gun receiver out of titanium and I'm not useing coolant at all.

This is one I can explain. As watched a explanation of it on a show though I do not remember what show. The reason they are not running coolant is because you could not SEE the work. If they filmed while the coolant was running you would see nothing but coolant flowing and splashing about..

Though in RJ's case they might just not know to use it.. After hearing some of the horror stories form several re builders of RJ suppressors I would not put the latter past them..

Titanium you do not want to put any heat into it.
Maybe there machining a chunk of aluminum for the show.

But still with steal you don't need to be having it sprayed on full blast etc .

On a bridge port it would just make a mess , some stuff i use a oil mister or I use a old windex bottle and every now and then I spray it with coolant.

Watched it last night omg what a shit show.

I hope flem shop does well his YouTube videos are pretty cool and seems like a real nice guy.
One if his video is his obrez he made.
Drool

I like this show less and less every time I watch it, but it's like a car wreck, Can't help myself! The whole Socom thing was really aggravating. Vince just so happens to have the 10 barrels they needed, really! come on now. The writers for this show should be ashamed of themselves.

A little off topic but machining titanium, heat in the block isn't an issue

The chips, THAT is where the issue lies, if you have fine, light, dusty type chips, with enough heat those CAN ignite, they will burn white hot 1500° +, Class D fire extinguisher

I have seen a $250K machine essentially junked because of a titanium fire

Back on topic now :)

Titanium you do not want to put any heat into it.
Maybe there machining a chunk of aluminum for the show.

But still with steal you don't need to be having it sprayed on full blast etc .

On a bridge port it would just make a mess , some stuff i use a oil mister or I use a old windex bottle and every now and then I spray it with coolant.

I was allways trained to keep heat out of it. Allways have it flooded with coolant and clear the chips away etc.
Some of the parts I would machine we would run for a certain amount of time and let sit till the next day. I was explained it wasn't worth the risk of work harden them. Granted at that job it was all military contracts. me and the other manual machinist where given groups of jobs and we couldn't work on each others if one of us was out sick. So it could of been a weird alloy. We would get a list of types of tools and speeds to use with the blue prints. Only time I ever had jobs explaining how to machine them . Every where else , I'd get a print and have to figure it out on my own .

OK, what you're describing is a process that was setup to insure life of product.

Just guessing but it was "likely" jet engine related components? In that kind of work, they are exceedingly careful about changing the metallurgy as it affects lifespan, that's to date the only place I've seen those kinds of specs

I was allways trained to keep heat out of it. Allways have it flooded with coolant and clear the chips away etc.
Some of the parts I would machine we would run for a certain amount of time and let sit till the next day. I was explained it wasn't worth the risk of work harden them. Granted at that job it was all military contracts. me and the other manual machinist where given groups of jobs and we couldn't work on each others if one of us was out sick. So it could of been a weird alloy. We would get a list of types of tools and speeds to use with the blue prints. Only time I ever had jobs explaining how to machine them . Every where else , I'd get a print and have to figure it out on my own .

i am shocked that i missed a post on NES, especially one that mentioned me.

NEGGED.

Man I always this was some chick that you slipped ruffies to at 3am in some desperate state of horny, glad to know she is from the show. Now if I was in jail and the guard said she came in for my conjugal I would cite the moped rule, fun to ride just don't let your friends find out. But like Larry the cable guy said once they get their britches off no man says no. Well at least he is honest.

They liked to keep us in the dark with what we where working on lol. Pm in bound .

My buddy was just telling me a story about his friend who did stuff like that. .Gov would come in with a hunk of metal, not tell him what it was, not let him hardness test it and give him unlimited tooling to finish the job. They would keep a guy with him to collect all the chips and watch the process.

I used to have a mp of some sorts hang out in the shop and make sure me and my boss didnt look at each other prints....

They funny thing is I'd get to a spot and not sure how to hold the part ect and I'd have to explain what I need to do with out the print lol.

Her husband with the manly tongue piercing is more feminine than her, what a fuc@@@@ asshat! And someone needs to tell Will his scripts written for him don't really make him a tough guy, so stop queuing the "crazy eyes" and throw that turd a man bra!

Back
Top Bottom