• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Disabling S&W Shield Safety

Everyone repeats this ayoob glue fumes stuff over and over but then in the end provides very few cases to back it up.

Kind of like all the "open carry" talk.

They're figuring out where they went retarded and fixing it, apparently... first the BG380 upgrade, now this.

What was the BG380 upgrade?

...p.s. I don't get everyone talking about this like a single stack 9mm with no safety is a big deal. Kahr came out with the P9 in like 1998.

Sweet Carryin’ 9s Part IV – The Smith & Wesson CS9 (Chief’s Special 9mm)
011+(2).JPG

I owned one of those smiths. In fact, I owned two. I had a 6906, which was the small double stack alloy framed version of that gun, and the 3913.

While they were comparable in size to something like a Kahr P9, they did not carry nearly as easily. The double sided, slide mounted safety dug into you and added a lot to the width, as did the slide release that stuck out like 1/2".

They are definitely very nice guns. But they dont carry nearly as easily as a Kahr P9 or Nano or similar gun.

I am a glock guy all the way but, I do love my shield as a CCW gun. I carry it in a buzzards bay holster. The safety has never gotten in the way. It has never accidentally engaged in the holster or while drawing. It is a great firearm. Just my two cents

Back
Top Bottom