Disabled Veteran has Firearms Confiscated After Neighbor Makes False Allegations

Reptile

NES Member
Glendale, AZ - A disabled Navy veteran has just had all of his firearms confiscated due to false claims made by his next door neighbor.

Rick Bailey, 56, was honorably discharged from the Navy with a medical discharge in 1986. He then worked as a software systems engineer until 2001, when he finally had to retire due to medical reasons.

Bailey was recently involved in a landscaping dispute with his neighbor, Dustin Moss. These verbal disagreements reportedly lasted for several months.

On March 16th, Bailey called the police due to a strong smell of toxic chemicals coming from his neighbors home. Then on March 17th, Moss went to the courthouse and filed for a protective order, stating that Bailey threatened to shoot him quite some time ago.

I personally spoke with Bailey who adamantly denies ever making those threats. Furthermore, there’s no police record of any complaints made against Bailey.

Despite having no evidence other than the allegations made by Moss, Judge Baxter still issued the protective order. The judge also attached a separate injunction to confiscate all of Mr. Bailey’s firearms.
(See documents below)

http://buzzpo.com/disabled-veteran-has-firearms-confiscated-after-neighbor-makes-false-allegations/
----
Guilty until proven innocent.

How is this even legal in the remotest of senses. Guess due possess is out the goddamn window if you own a few boom-sticks. What's to stop any neighbor whos an anti from making such a report if they just so happen to see you carrying a rifle case to your car one day?

Boy can I speak to this… judges often order confiscation of firearms with no proof as long as someone "says" or "feels" threatened. Long story short- grew up on a farm, my dad hired a lady to take care of the animals. The lady had Munchausen syndrome. (look it up.) She freaked out after we caught her drugging horses. She was completely insane and told the police my dad threatened to harm her. (Not true.) Judge orders confiscation of all firearms while you have to pay a lawyers to get them back. This does happen and does absolutely nothing and always inconveniences the law abiding citizen and not the crazy people. It is up to you to countersue.

You will note boys and girls that this happened on the "free state" of Arizona. I hope some of you wake up and finally realize that there are no true free states. All of the several states are infected with the cancer cells of moonbattery. It's only a matter of degree and severity.

If the Great Implosion comes, Arizona will be part of the Great some Southwest Hispanic Republic closely allied or part of Mexico. Se habla Espanol? Payback for the Treaty of Guadalupe Hildago will happen in some of your lifetimes IMO.

I know this sounds like the stuff of [tinfoil] but the .gov no longer even acts on reasonable suspicion anymore. It's just based on he said/she said, "oh gee I feel threatened."

Last edited:
The court system is screwed up in many ways but the worst part is the restraining orders. You don't even know someone is taking one out against you until it is issued and you are served with it. The person seeking an RO against you presents "evidence" and that's it. The bar is low and the judge errors strongly towards issuing one.

People use them and the system as wepons like in this case. The cops in my town said 90% of the RO's they serve (they have no choice, it's a court order) are complete BS and a waste. They hate the system but are stuck. The female detective said they need major reform, they are a mess.

If someone knows how to work the system, they can really really make your life stink and have the court system grind you down.

The court system is screwed up in many ways but the worst part is the restraining orders. You don't even know someone is taking one out against you until it is issued and you are served with it. The person seeking an RO against you presents "evidence" and that's it. The bar is low and the judge errors strongly towards issuing one.

People use them and the system as wepons like in this case. The cops in my town said 90% of the RO's they serve (they have no choice, it's a court order) are complete BS and a waste. They hate the system but are stuck. The female detective said they need major reform, they are a mess.

If someone knows how to work the system, they can really really make your life stink and have the court system grind you down.

Well it's not only ROs that are messed up but it is also liens that can get messy too, if the right person knows how to play the game. In the end they they will probably not prevail, but they sure can make life miserable.

It's also worth reminding some and informing others that don't already know, that the Lautenberg Amendment that ushered this sh*t into law was passed by congress in 1996 WITH A REPUBLICAN MAJORITY IN BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS, a scant 2 years after the "sweeping" 1994 Republican "revolution" which ostensibly happened because gun owners were angry about the passage of the 1993 brady bill and the 1994 "assault weapons" ban.

Fear of not being re-elected is the ONLY thing that motivates politicians. Republicans weren't afraid to pass this 100% unconstitutional law that is still f*cking with gun owners almost 20 years later. We can't rest, ESPECIALLY with a republican majority in congress, if history is any indicator of anything.

Unless you have money, fame or are a politician!

Republicans = Democrat-lite. Two sides of the same coin. You should not be surprised or shocked by either party's legacy. They both suck.

We need more libertarians. [sad2]

Boy can I speak to this… judges often order confiscation of firearms with no proof as long as someone "says" or "feels" threatened. Long story short- grew up on a farm, my dad hired a lady to take care of the animals. The lady had Munchausen syndrome. (look it up.) She freaked out after we caught her drugging horses. She was completely insane and told the police my dad threatened to harm her. (Not true.) Judge orders confiscation of all firearms while you have to pay a lawyers to get them back. This does happen and does absolutely nothing and always inconveniences the law abiding citizen and not the crazy people. It is up to you to countersue.

Yep. And certain "professionals" actually encourage people to get restraining orders based on one sided stories they are told. People are both manipulative and easily manipulated. Their is a reason why due process and probable cause and other doctrines are suppose to exist. So unlawful BS like this doesn't exist.

This is a perfect case for the NRA to step in an lawyer the guy up for free.
Sue the guy who made the false accusations into the freaking stone age.
Employ the Martha tactic.
Winning isn't the point , it's financial ruin.

Back
Top Bottom