• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dirty Magazines

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
I have a collection of dirty mags [wink]. How often should they be disassembled and cleaned? Is there a good way to clean them up between range trips without breaking them down?

I thought the internet pretty much put them all out of business.

Oh, those magazines.

Yes, dump them in a bucket of kerosene and slosh them around and blow them dry.

If you want to do it right, dis assemble them and swab them out with what ever tool you can rig up.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have glock mags that are ten round good frigging luck that blocker is a c*** to get the floor plate off. I clean every thousand or so

I will sometimes just hose them out with M-Pro7. I buy the big bottles. Gets most of the gunk out and dries well. Depends on how dirty they get. I keep range mags and carry mags. Carry mags do not get used at the range much and never get dropped at the range. Range mags are allowed to get pretty dirty, but if I can really feel the grit when loading they get cleaned.

i've had mags full of mud, i just disassemble them in the kitchen sink, give them a good spray down and let them dry in the dish rack. this has become normal behavior and lady atilla is now accepting this cleaning method.

Ultrasonic will clean them. You will still need a little lube. I use tri-flo for my mags. It dries and leaves a teflon like finish. If you use tri-flo they need to be clean first or you will have a mess on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom