HTRN

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
derek said:
My blue dish.

$139 a month for the highest bandwidth off their new satellite(viasat)

I am over 10mb all the time and hit 18mb a lot.
Thanks, im going to look into that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just dumped charter for Direct TV. Let me tell you, we are VERY happy!! NO outages when a storm comes through. the picture is so much better then charter HD.
If Direct TV is set up correctly and you have a quality TV, Direct TV ROCKS! [smile]
We had Direct TV for TWELVE years before switching to Charter HD. (DTV lost Versus channel, but they have since got it back) and that *issed me off so we switched to charter. WHAT A MISTAKE! I Missed the quality picture and reliabilty for the two years we had Charter. WILL NEVER agian leave Direct TV.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had Direcrtv since 1996 . I only get interruptions in very heavy rain/snow . Is your dish partly blocked by trees , does the dish alignment need to be tweaked ?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have charter now and am seriously considering switching to Direct TV for my TV... charters internet really can't be beat though. The 100mb package is purely awesome.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Checked the signal, 87%. Will trim a tree to see if it helps but I had the same signal in winter.
Ideally you should be mid to high 90's%. I ended up not subscribing to the NHL pkg this past year to save some money. Now I'm glad as can be, because NBC is carrying all the playoff action and it's free. In the past if you didn't subscribe, you were missing a lot.

Somebody earlier asked why Direct TV, for me it's the NFL Sunday Ticket and a particular religious channel.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'll take my Direct TV over cable any day, if Fios was available I might look into it, but losing signal for 10-15 minutes a couple times a year isn't bad compared to days of lost cable with crappy signal the rest of the time makes it a no brainer

HTRN

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just ordered Exede from wildblue. its actually 12M down, 3M up.
I may cancel dish to offset the cost.

I started with the 15G plan. Im sure I will be well above it, but it seems easy to increase after the fact.

Anyone have a recommendation on a good wifi router with decent QOS functionality? I just want to guarantee/limit Mbps per IP address.

Thanks in advance.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have DTV and it works great for me. If you are seeing a 10 to 15 second delay on turning channel, your shit's all f****d up (sorry...I was channeling Idiocracy there). [grin] You need to call DTV and have someone come out and re-align you dish. I also ran into the HD DVR (HR-24) not responding to remote control inputs. That had nothing to do with the dish alignment or signal quality, but their crap DVRs. Does a reboot the the DVR resolve the delay for a bit of time?

They FINALLY got Tivo back and we immediately switched over. So much more reliable than the old DVRs they pushed off on their customers.

No way in hell should it take that long nor should clouds interfere with your service. I've only lost signal in REALLY heavy rain...we're talking 3 or 4 inches an hour rain here.

I've had the service for 12 years now. I'll never switch back to Comcast or any of the other suck cable services. I used to have cable, but got tired of being bent over the table for services that were substandard.

The only possible way I'd drop DTV is if FIOS were in my area, and even then, it would be a rough choice....no one else has the NFL Sunday Ticket package...that is DTV exclusive.

Go ahead and call me a fan boy, don't care. If I find a service I'm happy with...I'll stick with it. You don't like DTV...dump'em and go to cable. There..wasn't that easy! [grin]

Last edited:
Top Bottom