Dinosaur Electronics-boards for RV appliances

Our Atwood Water heater went south when we were down south for the past three weeks-Camping World wanted $298.00 for a oem board with what I believe is a 1 yr warranty, no way. Mrs. Snub said that there had to be other choices and wondered if the Company that made the board for our Onan genset also made parts for other 'stuff' we called Dinosaur and discovered that they in fact do make boards for water heaters, refrigerators and other -stuff-.

Called ASAP parts and they had a dozen in stock shipped it out and we had one waiting on the in laws porch in two days-$128.00 and it included the adapter for old board to new board mounting and a clear cover both of which the Camping World model did not include.

I did learn that Dinosaur makes new boards and does not re man others as I had thought-the one for the Onan has so far been the longest lasting , its our third (not even 200 hours) and hopefully the last; taking out that generator is a gigantic pain in the dupa-at least an 5 Zywiec job and those are the nice big pint plusers reinstall requires almost an an additional can.

Coming back we hit 17 mpg-SC to VA- seems as though I may have been driving our flawless 2006 160 hp +/- 6.0 PowerJoke a bit too slowly a tick over 2k revs seems to be the sweet spot-or perhaps at nearly 200k it is finally broken in ?

Having a safe 600 mile range and getting nearly 3/4 better fuel mileage than a V10 is a hoot-paying an average of $6.20/gal not so much. A couple of stations were out of diesel-something big is in the works, I am convinced of it.

Should have mentioned that mpg's are calculated by filling to a visual level in the neck-the numbers are absolutely dead accurate-Ford E450 cutaway and the chasis isn't all that far from being maxed out rated at 7 ton as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom