Dinesh D'Souza says recent riots and political unrest could lead to 'rise of citizen militias around the country'

Reptile

NES Member
'I'm not advocating this, I'm predicting it. It is a natural and inevitable response to the militarization of one side'
Conservative filmmaker and scholar Dinesh D'Souza said Sunday that recent rioting and political division within the U.S. could lead to the "rise of citizen militias," if societal tensions are not quickly de-escalated and diffused.

"The problem is that you respond [to rioting] through the lawful authorities, which is through the police; if things escalate beyond a certain point then you call in federal assistance. If things escalate beyond that point you call in the military," he told Fox News during a phone interview. "Local governments and state governors are calling down the cops and licensing their own private gangs. If the cops won't protect us, then you're going to see the rise of citizen militias around the country."

"I'm not advocating this," he added. "I'm predicting it. It is a natural and inevitable response to the militarization of one side."

D'Souza, whose new documentary film "Trump Card" is set to come out next month, claimed the escalation of division by the Democratic party has set off a chain reaction, which has caused cities to break down and inspired hardworking taxpayers to start new lives in more rural areas of the country.

"There's a great line from the movie Breaker Morant, 'When one side violates the rules of engagement you would expect the same type of conduct from the other,'" he explained. "This has to be stopped, otherwise you're going to see things just deteriorate. Cities will become uninhabitable. The cities are the center of western civilization. You have commerce and you have culture. The Democrats are making it such that it's difficult to have either one. That means technology, commerce, and culture will decamp and move out of the city, which means they'll become like ghost towns."

D'Souza also spoke about the difference between the Democratic party now, compared to 25 years ago, saying that they have launched an effort to rebrand themselves as far-left while making life difficult for center-right people of faith.

"No one would claim that the Republican party and Christianity are the same thing," D'Souza said. "So, an attempt to make a direct equation goes too far. The Republican Party stands for political things and Christianity stands for not only spiritual things but it also stands for things that go beyond life in this word. Christianity in a much larger canvass than let's say conservatism or the Republican Party."

Not an American, unlikely he is on our side, don't care what he thinks.
The cities are the center of western civilization. You have commerce and you have culture. The Democrats are making it such that it's difficult to have either one. That means technology, commerce, and culture will decamp and move out of the city, which means they'll become like ghost towns."
I disagree, the cities are satanic cesspools that take people further from god and family chews up the bodies and weakens the soul.

Duude....we've had that for hundreds of years: Ch33
Section 2. The militia of the commonwealth shall consist of: (i) all able-bodied citizens and all other able-bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, between the ages of 18 and 65, and who are residents of the commonwealth; and (ii) such other persons who, upon their own application, enlist or are commissioned pursuant to this chapter, subject to exemptions created by law.
Section 3. The militia shall consist of two classes, namely, the organized militia, composed and organized as provided in this chapter, and the remainder, to be known as the unorganized militia. The unorganized militia shall not be subject to duty except in case of war, actual or threatened, invasion, the prevention of invasion, threats to homeland security and the assisting of civil officers in the execution of the laws.

Section 55. When necessary to call out any part of the unorganized militia for duty, the commander-in-chief shall issue a proclamation directed to the mayors or city managers and selectmen, who shall forthwith, by written order or oral notice to each individual, or by proclamation on their part, appoint a time and place for the assembling of the unorganized militia in their respective cities and towns, and shall then and there draft as many thereof, or accept as many volunteers, as are required by the order of the commander-in-chief, and shall forthwith forward to the adjutant general a list of the persons so drafted or accepted as volunteers.

Roits every night police told to stand down what does the average person do? They can cower in fear and hope the riots miss them or if fed up with the looting and burning get others of like thinking and fight back. Again the Rodney King riots and the Korean store owners armed and ready to repel rioters.

I don't think we're there yet. Society hasn't broken down to the point where we need a citizen militia. Even war torn European countries were still able to function even after being bombed flat by opposing armies during WW2. The left isn't going to be an occupying power either. They're just LARPing their way through life. We still have a functioning government even if in some circumstances said government is ideologically driven to protect only a specific point of view. Not all cities are sending 'stand down' orders to the police. If that swept up enough cities though then all bets are off I would say.

I like to think that what the far left is doing is more like death by a thousand cuts. We won't notice a single cut or even a hundred so it will continue until it's all gone.

What scares me is what would happen if the left wing nut cases managed to get into the white house and control of the military and issued orders to attack their ideologic opponents. You know the real reason why the founders were extremely skeptical of standing armies.

I don't think we're there yet. Society hasn't broken down to the point where we need a citizen militia. Even war torn European countries were still able to function even after being bombed flat by opposing armies during WW2. The left isn't going to be an occupying power either. They're just LARPing their way through life. We still have a functioning government even if in some circumstances said government is ideologically driven to protect only a specific point of view. Not all cities are sending 'stand down' orders to the police. If that swept up enough cities though then all bets are off I would say.

I like to think that what the far left is doing is more like death by a thousand cuts. We won't notice a single cut or even a hundred so it will continue until it's all gone.

What scares me is what would happen if the left wing nut cases managed to get into the white house and control of the military and issued orders to attack their ideologic opponents. You know the real reason why the founders were extremely skeptical of standing armies.
Ever heard the word MP? That's why.

Not an American, unlikely he is on our side, don't care what he thinks.

I disagree, the cities are satanic cesspools that take people further from god and family chews up the bodies and weakens the soul.
I recommend looking him up and also going to youtube and putting him in the search there and watch his videos. He has been fighting against the liberal mantra for many years.

One of the hallmarks of a dishonest man is that he refuses to speak plainly and to directly say what he means. Are you one of them?
What I wrote in this thread was clear and honest. You are trying to play SJW gotcha games with an empty deck. I will be more long winded in an attempt to help those capable of understanding. If I were to move to Japan, learn the language, get citizenship paperwork, then write 15 books telling the Japanese how to live and run their country would I be Japanese? And if you say yes I would be Japanese in those circumstances, should the rest of the country hold me and my opinions in high esteem?

What I wrote in this thread was clear and honest. You are trying to play SJW gotcha games with an empty deck. I will be more long winded in an attempt to help those capable of understanding. If I were to move to Japan, learn the language, get citizenship paperwork, then write 15 books telling the Japanese how to live and run their country would I be Japanese? And if you say yes I would be Japanese in those circumstances, should the rest of the country hold me and my opinions in high esteem?
In what I've heard from him and from his videos I've watched I've never gotten the impression that he was telling me how to live and how the country should be run. He's just stated and supported most if not all of what we support here. Life, liberty, freedom, free markets and the Constitution. Maybe I'm missing something that he's put out that supports what you say.

This implies that the opinions of the native born should be held in high esteem. Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Al Sharpton, Hillary Clinton, et al. are happy to have you on board.

I don't waste time arguing with self-styled 3pers and Boogaloo Bois, so sayonara.

This implies that the opinions of the native born should be held in high esteem. Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Al Sharpton, Hillary Clinton, et al. are happy to have you on board.
Uh duh, of course. How many people in Congress have dual citizenship? Are you OK with that? If so, then what is America?

Are you OK with American elected officials having dual citizenship?

Aside from this having nothing to do with what I wrote, have at it. Note also that D'Souza is not an elected official AFAIK.

Name, with verifiable sources, American elected officials with dual citizenship.

Back
Top Bottom