Diner in Louisville draws handgun as armed BLM protesters swarm restaurant

This situation would be a decent argument for a 5.7.

Keep your clown show to yourself. I would not pay the bill at a restaurant that allowed this NBS to occur.
Agreed. I'm betting the restaurant in question has a outdoor hose connection. You could stop these turds with a little water.

Nice to know the weather is getting nicer and these dirtbags will be tearing apart our cities under Uncle Joe's watchful (giggle) eye.

And I'm REALLY surprised they didn't arrest the patron. Because, you know, you can't be hurting or potentially hurting the protestors. That would be wrong.

From the short video. . . . most of those people aren't black. WTF,O????

I can take no issue with what the guy pulled for the fact that he pulled.

It should be clear to everyone that, given the preponderance of these "protests" and the number of legal carriers in this country, that there have been many more instances under which a citizen could have legally drawn and haven't. This is how the savages are made to stop, and that this event is the outlier rather than the standard is the real problem- and that's not on the patron.

More like 900fps out of that barrel.
BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: Results
Still better than nothing, as it proved.

I would not be surprised if the guy has read Rory Miller's Meditations on Violence and decided that allowing oneself to be corralled and controlled is not acceptable.
His back was literally against a wall. His buddy was also exhibiting no fear.
If everyone they tried to force to raise their fist instead raised their finger these a**h***s would lose their confidence.

Just another "peaceful" protest. Very sad when you can't even enjoy an overpriced meal anymore without having to deal with this nonsense.

Just another "peaceful" protest. Very sad when you can't even enjoy an overpriced meal anymore without having to deal with this nonsense.
Not going to help the restaurant owners or staff. I guess they’re ok being on welfare?

The problem with the over prosecution of that St Louis couple defending their home is, sooner or later someone in this situation is going to see no difference between pulling a gun as a deterrent* and lighting up the whole crowd. If the 'legal' consequences are the same, beyond a certain point all bets are off. But of course that is what they want. They are trying to push for that incident and it is why they wont reign in BLM. The real goal is disarmament.

*yes I understand a gun cannot legally be used as a deterrent, I am speaking in practical terms in reference to the video and the guy holding the Derringer.

i bet half of that blm crowd are undercover fbi that actually drives this whole shitshow from its very beginning. it all is just gets uglier and uglier by the minute - really reminds how just prior to 1917 revolution czar had a special 'black hundreds' movement
that was used for the similar reasons - to terrorize the population with the blessing from the official forces. ugly.

Outdoor dining interrupted by Breonna Taylor demonstrators during Kentucky Derby​

Images showed a Louisville restaurant patron pointing a handgun at armed Black Lives Matter protesters who swarmed the outdoor dining patio during demonstrations in honor of Breonna Taylor on the day of the Kentucky Derby.

Louisville Metro Police on Saturday evening responded to La Chasse, an upscale European restaurant located in the 1300 block of Bardstown Road, as protesters were marching northbound on the street. A restaurant employee told dispatchers "that multiple armed protesters entered the restaurant property, which included outdoor dining space," police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley told Fox News.

A reporter for the Louisville Courier-Journal tweeted several photos and videos of the incident. A man was seen pointing his pistol at several demonstrators during an altercation. Several protesters also appeared to be carrying firearms. Video shared by the newspaper showed a female demonstrator directing others to move away down the block, and tensions at the restaurant appeared to dissipate.

"During the encounter both patrons and protesters brandished firearms," Smiley said in an email to Fox News. "This incident occurred after the arrests of southbound protesters in the area on the 1500 block of Bardstown Road. The arrests of that group were made after protesters repeatedly blocked the roadway despite officers giving multiple verbal requests for them to utilize the sidewalk."

Protesters marched outside Churchill Downs ahead of the 147th Kentucky Derby in Louisville Saturday.

People carried signs with messages that included, "We haven't forgotten Breonna," "No Justice, No Peace," and "No Justice, No Derby." Black Lives Matter Louisville, Black Market KY, Color of Change and UltraViolet commissioned a plane banner that flew over Churchill Downs with the message, "Protect Black Women. Divest from Police," the Louisville Courier-Journal reported.

Louisville Metro Police Department shared a livestream on Facebook of their protest response. Video showed protesters surrounding and shouting profanities at officers making an arrest. At least one individual was seen waving a Black Lives Matter banner. A female voice narrating the video said officers were surrounded while making an arrest on a woman who refused to stand and walk on her own.

At least five protest-related arrests were made Saturday.

Records shared with Fox News said individuals arrested had ignored several announcements to disperse from the roadway and remain on the sidewalk. Police said the activity in the street brought alarm to several businesses.

Continues...

View: https://twitter.com/HayesGardner/status/1388654615584034818?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1388671276005445633%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fus%2Flouisville-restaurant-patron-gun-blm-protesters-kentucky-derby

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6arlI-z61hU

I have actually considered previously under what situation I should pull out a weapon as small as the one this guy is carrying. I think I came to the conclusion that I would not pull it out unless I was almost certain that I would have to be firing it almost immediately. While you should never ever carry a weapon unless you are absolutely prepared to use it, there are occasions when just presenting one is advised, but with this small a gun, presenting it invites more problems than it could solve.

From a legal standpoint, how would this have played out in Massachusetts? Would the derringer guy be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon? Or would it be justified to draw to deter further escalation?

Let's try to avoid the typical hyperbole responses here - this topic is too important to be buried in nonsense responses.

They call thattt a gun? lol but glad he made it outta there in one piece, I think I would have rather had my glock 19 in that situation or maybe a belt fed.

Make fun all you want .
I noticed no one was in a hurry to get froggy on the guy.
I carry a mouse gun (.25) in hot weather .
2 or 3 of those in the heart/lung area and your in deep doo doo .

Make fun all you want .
I would not think playing a chicken game with deranged BLM individuals hoping to become martyrs for the cause is a good strategy. Crazy people are dangerous.

They have not fear. Until that changes they will continue to act this way or worse.
Until dumb ass white people stop propping up these types and return to their side of the fence this will continue. BLM needs them to survive not the other way around

I don't think the older guy intended on confronting a large crowd, so maybe that's why that day he had a smaller gun. Or maybe the old guys day to day is much like every other day and the .22 he feels up till that moment was plenty to stop him being robbed or worse and it was plenty cause it stopped the threat. Yes it could of been worse but wasn't.

I bet if he goes back out to eat he will think about carrying something bigger or maybe not, the odds of running into another BLM crowd are slim, but something he may not want to gamble on. Carry on old guy this middle aged guy salute you.

Plus no one wants to be the first shot .22 Mag or .44 Mag.

Besides the obvious danger of someone with a much, much better weapon (including the guy with the assault rifle!) there is the very real danger of many (most?) people not even realizing that is an actual firearm and not a toy, thus increasing the odds of being forced to use it in a situation that did not need to be escalated.
Again, I own a Freedom Arms .22lr, I like mouse guns. But to pull a single action .22 with 5 rounds (if he even has one under the hammer, which he probably does) in this situation is just foolhardy.

From a legal standpoint, how would this have played out in Massachusetts? Would the derringer guy be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon? Or would it be justified to draw to deter further escalation?

Let's try to avoid the typical hyperbole responses here - this topic is too important to be buried in nonsense responses.

Arrest and legal are not completely teh same. It's a Venn diagram. He'd be arrested and lambasted in the press. Because someone can't use deadly force to stop deadly force if the original deadly force is of certain "protected" classes. I've said this for decades - Massachusetts is the most racist state in the Union, but the blue-bloods hide it under the guise of "helping."

Based on media’s coverage of anything now it’s completely possible that feel good stories like this happen more often than we ever hear about

The sad thing is that if that were here in Massachusetts the guy standing up to the criminals would be having his arraignment right about now. On a side note his gun looks like it may have come out of a vagina.
I've told my wife if we came upon one of those roadblocks where they pull white people out of cars, it's not going to end well for them or me but I'm not about to be killed without fighting back.

I've told my wife if we came upon one of those roadblocks where they pull white people out of cars, it's not going to end well for them or me but I'm not about to be killed without fighting back.

Hazards.
Honk.

When they surround three sides, accelerate.

You declared an emergency and concern at their approach. When they continued to attempt kidnapping/assault, you were justified in defending yourself and your wife.

Get me on that jury and I'll nullify they shit out of the DA.

short answer - depends on which county he is in, and the DAs 2A position

The sad thing is that if that were here in Massachusetts the guy standing up to the criminals would be having his arraignment right about now.
Those protestors disturb the peace and threaten bystanders,
secure in the knowledge that they are entitled to a warning
before anyone defends themselves from violent assault.

If a gun owner's come to dine at the sidewalk cafe,
they will like totally brandish and yell warnings
before busting a cap on the assailants.

tumblr_mcq59zljda1rjnv36o1_500.jpg

Make fun all you want .
I carry a mouse gun (.25) in hot weather .
2 or 3 of those in the heart/lung area and your in deep doo doo .
Even 1 .22 magnum hole is going to take the fight out of most people who are used to living easy.

Back
Top Bottom