Diner in Louisville draws handgun as armed BLM protesters swarm restaurant

Reptile

NES Member

Outdoor dining interrupted by Breonna Taylor demonstrators during Kentucky Derby​

Images showed a Louisville restaurant patron pointing a handgun at armed Black Lives Matter protesters who swarmed the outdoor dining patio during demonstrations in honor of Breonna Taylor on the day of the Kentucky Derby.

Louisville Metro Police on Saturday evening responded to La Chasse, an upscale European restaurant located in the 1300 block of Bardstown Road, as protesters were marching northbound on the street. A restaurant employee told dispatchers "that multiple armed protesters entered the restaurant property, which included outdoor dining space," police spokeswoman Alicia Smiley told Fox News.

A reporter for the Louisville Courier-Journal tweeted several photos and videos of the incident. A man was seen pointing his pistol at several demonstrators during an altercation. Several protesters also appeared to be carrying firearms. Video shared by the newspaper showed a female demonstrator directing others to move away down the block, and tensions at the restaurant appeared to dissipate.

"During the encounter both patrons and protesters brandished firearms," Smiley said in an email to Fox News. "This incident occurred after the arrests of southbound protesters in the area on the 1500 block of Bardstown Road. The arrests of that group were made after protesters repeatedly blocked the roadway despite officers giving multiple verbal requests for them to utilize the sidewalk."

Protesters marched outside Churchill Downs ahead of the 147th Kentucky Derby in Louisville Saturday.

People carried signs with messages that included, "We haven't forgotten Breonna," "No Justice, No Peace," and "No Justice, No Derby." Black Lives Matter Louisville, Black Market KY, Color of Change and UltraViolet commissioned a plane banner that flew over Churchill Downs with the message, "Protect Black Women. Divest from Police," the Louisville Courier-Journal reported.

Louisville Metro Police Department shared a livestream on Facebook of their protest response. Video showed protesters surrounding and shouting profanities at officers making an arrest. At least one individual was seen waving a Black Lives Matter banner. A female voice narrating the video said officers were surrounded while making an arrest on a woman who refused to stand and walk on her own.

At least five protest-related arrests were made Saturday.

Records shared with Fox News said individuals arrested had ignored several announcements to disperse from the roadway and remain on the sidewalk. Police said the activity in the street brought alarm to several businesses.

Continues...

View: https://twitter.com/HayesGardner/status/1388654615584034818?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1388671276005445633%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fus%2Flouisville-restaurant-patron-gun-blm-protesters-kentucky-derby

What is it, one of those tiny NAA revolvers?
That's what I was thinking! And I just bought a Freedom Arms .22lr mini last week. I haven't seen a good enough photo to tell for sure. What an idiot! Someone had an assault rifle (I have read) and he pulls that out?!?

Well it's kind of a gun.

It looks like the little metal, cap gun that was in my belt buckle when I was a kid, you would push a button, it would turn out and then you would pull it off its hinge. It was actually pretty well made and worked slick. Shit, now I gotta see if I still have that somewhere in some box of memories.

d3758383-BLM-restaurant-gun.jpg

Looks like one of those NAAs, probably 22LR. Good enough for a Mexican standoff with the operator with the man bun and rifle though.

The longer they f*** around seemingly completely unchecked by any type of Gov or LE, the more normal people they scare and piss off.

The regular folks in free America and many others caught behind the lines aren’t the type to just kneel down to these clowns, more so if they’re protecting family members or just innocent folks with scared kids eating dinner next to them.

There’s at least 73M Americans being pushed hard into a corner and threatened daily with loss of income, jobs, physical violence or even death for not bowing down to the left while the hypocrisy is rubbed in their faces and the noose tightens every single day. I don’t think there’s any stopping this train at this point.

Yeah, a .22 would piss a few people off, but next time it could be something bigger from someone less willing to put up with this behavior. It was only a matter of time until this happened.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q5YWZbVSIY

wonder what would have happened if the tall women directing them away was not there.
See in my mind this is the type of women who needs to be in a community leadership roll. Something tells me though she got out of the bad nieghborhood cause "sick of this shit"
Anyhow its going to flare up to "dont give a f***" sooner or later and someone is going to stand up to these groups with a hard stop.

Anyhow its going to flare up to "dont give a f***" sooner or later and someone is going to stand up to these groups with a hard stop.

Yep. That will become more common, and then what? That's when things will get interesting. The left will use it as a battle cry and then it's straight escalation from there. Which side do we think The State will take? I think they've made that pretty clear, at least in the case of the feds and the blue state and local gov't's.

wonder what would have happened if the tall women directing them away was not there.
See in my mind this is the type of women who needs to be in a community leadership roll. Something tells me though she got out of the bad nieghborhood cause "sick of this shit"
Agree completely.

Not sure why the oldman is being celebrated; if I ever end up in a situation where I’m defending my life with a .22 against a mob just so I can “Walter Sobchak” my coffee, then I’ve already failed.

It was Derby Day too.
So in addition to what you said, this was likely one of the best paydays of the year for her and BLM was cocking it up.

NAA 22 Magnum, 5 rounds, hurts real bad to get shot with a 40 gr. HP at 15-1700 or more FPS!!
More like 900fps out of that barrel.
BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: Results
Still better than nothing, as it proved.

I would not be surprised if the guy has read Rory Miller's Meditations on Violence and decided that allowing oneself to be corralled and controlled is not acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom