• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dillon's Rapid Trim 1200B Case Trimmer

Any one have any experience with Dillon's Rapid Trim 1200B Case Trimmer? I'm thinking about picking one up for a 550. I'll be using it on .223 and .308 cases. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

I just had one delivered a couple of weeks ago and love it. If your loading "lot's" of .223 it's hard to beat. I have my resizing die on the tool head with the trimmer. I do all my resizing and trimming at once followed by a quick deburr and they're ready to load.
The only thing I question is the unit it'self gets very hot to the touch when run for 200-300 rounds.
Heat is the bane of all electric motors so I hope I'll have no problems in the future with it.

p1000501vt7.jpg

I have tons of .223 brass that needs to be trimmed. I've seen some people say you don't need to chamfer and debur after the trim. How do they look after the trim?

Do you run a vacuum using the attachment? Maybe this will increase air flow, and keep it a bit cooler.

Thanks

I do have a small RIGID shop-vac attached when I run it.
As far as the de-burring goes, I like to clean mine up a little. More so on the inside of the case than the outer. The outside is pretty clean.

Good luck with it.

I do have a small RIGID shop-vac attached when I run it.
As far as the de-burring goes, I like to clean mine up a little. More so on the inside of the case than the outer. The outside is pretty clean.

Good luck with it.

Sounds like it may be worth my while. When I order my .223 dies it'll probably be on the order sheet [smile].

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom