• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dillon Precision shot show 2018

This is probably old news to some. Dillon Precision is releasing a new loader for case prep only this year. I am so so on this. Case prep isnt that bad of an issue for me with my 650's, super swage, and A Giraud tri way trimmer.

The other announcement they made was for a new case feeder. I only have 1 case feeder to share between my 650's. Does anyone know what was "upgraded" on it? Its about time for me to buy a second case feeder, so I may hold off on buying the second one if the upgrade is enough of an upgrade.

I want one.

cp2000trans.png

Dillon said:
We're at SHOT Show 2018, at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas Nevada, to unveil the newest addition to our Commercial Series of machines. This model is a case preparation machine that has been engineered for increased strength and ease of use when processing large volumes of brass. The Case Prep 2000 (CP-2000) will make sizing, swaging, and trimming brass quick and easy.

If we build a better brass prep machine we should probably look at the casefeeder that supplies it, so, that is just what we did. The newly redesigned casefeeder will help make sure that you can keep cranking out processed brass or, if you use your Super 1050 or XL 650, loaded rounds.

We've scheduled a release for Spring of 2018. Right now we are showing these machines at SHOT and doing some final trials before we start shipping. We're sure you have questions and we will have answers as we get closer to the release date.

It's interesting that that machine seems to have the large 4" (approx) roller bearing in the linkage like the old 1050s, rather then the smaller linkage on the current Super 1050.

Case prep only for over 2k? Does that include the feeder? Sounds outrageous to me.
How much is the 1050? I thought I remembered around 1k for the basic machine.
I have one of those Lyman motorized units for around a 100 bucks.
I know it’s no where the same league but it gets the job done for 1/20 the price.
How many rounds per-year does one need to reload to justify this expense?
Or is this just a luxury for the rich and famous?

How much is the 1050? I thought I remembered around 1k for the basic machine.
A new 1050 is double your number. Quick look at the Dillon website just now and I see $1,800 and change. I didn't look, but I'm fairly certain that is set up with dies and primer handling for one caliber and does include a case feeder.

Nice machine if you want to get into selling prepped brass, I use to make all my 300 blk brass but now I buy processed LC so cheap its not worth the work.

Back
Top Bottom