• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dillon delivered

allen-1

NES Member
I have (2) XL650's, and multiple toolhead setups for them. I ordered a "quick change kit" from Dillon for .45ACP 1/12/2021. Yep, more than a year ago. While I was waiting for it, I traded some stuff for an older .45 setup, (complete setup - toolhead, powder drop, dies, shell plate, etc).

I emailed Dillon a couple of times over the last year, and each time was politely told that they're still backordered due primarily to problems sourcing the carbon for the dies.

Anyhow - it showed up yesterday.

Probably a first world problem issue - what am I going to do with it? I have a perfectly good setup. This one's later technology, shinier - but the one I have works just fine.

For right now, it's on the shelf.

Keep it.

Or put it on eBay and sell it for more than you bought it for.

I have redundancy between my 550, Square Deal B and RCBS Rock Chucker. If I can’t make what I need on one due to part failure, I can make it on another, no problemo.

I just pinged them the other day on some pistol dies I ordered last March. I was told they probably won't land in my mailbox until mid summer! They're still having supply issues with the carbide inserts.

I ordered a new head and 40 cal dies for my 650 and yes it took 7 months to be delivered, but I was mainly doing shot shells. Still haven't used it yet.

I guess I was lucky. I ordered a caliber conversion kit and some dies in November of 2020 and I had them in February of 2021.

I've needed a few things since then but I was able to get them from NES classifieds or from people I shoot with.

Sell it? I’ve got a 650, as do others here. what do you need for it to be made whole? Feel free to pm

Edited because the lightbulb just went on.

Invoice in the box reads 286.97 for 750/650 45 ACP EZ CALIBER CHANGE
plus 22.96 tax
total 309.93

Not sure at this time if I want to sell it. Might trade it. I dunno. First world problems.

I have (2) XL650's, and multiple toolhead setups for them. I ordered a "quick change kit" from Dillon for .45ACP 1/12/2021. Yep, more than a year ago. While I was waiting for it, I traded some stuff for an older .45 setup, (complete setup - toolhead, powder drop, dies, shell plate, etc).

I emailed Dillon a couple of times over the last year, and each time was politely told that they're still backordered due primarily to problems sourcing the carbon for the dies.

Anyhow - it showed up yesterday.

Probably a first world problem issue - what am I going to do with it? I have a perfectly good setup. This one's later technology, shinier - but the one I have works just fine.

For right now, it's on the shelf.

Any interest in selling it to me? Extra points if you want to be paid in Ethereum more than USD 😃

similar to how i recently got a type S .223 sizing die from brownells - was a bit more than an year.

Back
Top Bottom