• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dillon Brass Case Counter

Out of Battery Firearms

Dealer
NES Member
Dillon Brass Case Counter

Due to lack of interest, kits are no longer available.

case-counter-kit-jpg.241935

Last edited:
So you installed this ?
I have a counter on my shotgun press.
It's just a small battery powered display. With a small switch . Got to be on there 20 years now. Was told battery life was 7-10_years but it's still going.
thanks for sharing.

So you installed this ?
I have a counter on my shotgun press.
It's just a small battery powered display. With a small switch . Got to be on there 20 years now. Was told battery life was 7-10_years but it's still going.
thanks for sharing.

Yes, I designed and installed this.

I think you did a great job, look like it’s part of the press and came that way.

The following is for information, if this is inappropriate for me to post here, let me know and I will remove this post.

The reason I asked, I ordered one of these monitors and received it last week, not installed yet, this was $150.

Harry

I think you did a great job, look like it’s part of the press and came that way.

The following is for information, if this is inappropriate for me to post here, let me know and I will remove this post.

The reason I asked, I ordered one of these monitors and received it last week, not installed yet, this was $150.

Harry

Interesting device, cost on parts is the same on both set-ups, standalone devices are easier to make, integrating is alot more challenging.

what problem is it solving?

It's not solving a problem it giving you information.

I'm teaching my sons to reload, so the unit I purchased will beep if they forget to seat a primer or don't go down a full stroke. Again just information and can check the parts consumption.

When I'm prepping 223 in my 650, I want to know when I've a done a 1,000. I de-prime & size, swage, RT1500 trim and size again. Once I have a 1,000 I wet tumble with pins to clean burs then dry.

I do them in batches of 1,000, I have a scale counter I have been using but this just adds more information.

why not.

harry

Counts the quantity of an unknown amount of brass. Better than weighing or hand counting tens of thousands of pieces.

It only counts the ones that get past the counter, at the top of the shell feeder, right? So it doesn't count "completed rounds", or even "rounds through the machine", only cases through the top of the feeder tube, right?

I'm not in a "tens of thousands of rounds" at a time class, (I'll load between 100 and 1,000 at a time, usually 300-500) so 20,000 is out of my league.

I've always counted by counting the flats of primers ('cuz they're always in boxes of 100 and that's easy) and not worried about the brass.

Do you ever use it for counting alone, or always when you're running them through the press? If you just use it for counting, how long does it take?

Back
Top Bottom