• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

dillon 650 Question

wiskie762

Instructor
My question is the height in the blue press book and online for the xl650 say 44" above bench. does that include the casefeeder? I have 42 1/2" above my bench.
will this be a problem?

Last edited:
With case feeder and strong mount mine sits just under 42" from benchtop.
You may have issues loading the casefeed if your 'ceiling' is only 42.5".

Remember that even if that is the height, you'll want at least a little bit of space above the thing, otherwise working on the casefeeder or loading brass into it will become a pain in the ass.

-Mike

I don't think the height really makes that much of a difference. You can probably cut down the supporting tube and cut the clear case feeding tube down.

edit I did not get the casefeeder. my questoin was if that measurement was with the casefeeder or not. when I get the casefeeder (if i do) then ill have to build a new bench thats a little lower. I am wondering if i would be able to mount this now with only a 42" height space. Also I got the strong mount (650 only).

so without the casefeeder and with the strong mount how tall is your press?

My question is the height in the blue press book and online for the xl650 say 44" above bench. does that include the casefeeder? I have 42 1/2" above my bench.
will this be a problem?

My 650, without case feeder or strong mount, is 27" tall.

I have a Dillon XL650 with a casefeeder, I have 37 inches above my bench. You can cut down the top of the support post to an inch and a half above the top bend. You will need to cut the clear tube down an equal length. I'd recomend cutting the post with a tubing cutter. When cutting the clear tube, DO NOT CUT THE BEVELED END and start the cut with a tubing cutter then finish with hacksaw to make square.

Back
Top Bottom