Dillon 550B Setup Question

I was trying to load som 2520 loads using my Dillon 550B press tonite and ran into a glitch...

Seems that the Dillon powder measure has a finite setting in the press station #2... I have my Redding Mic Bullet Seater Die all setup for 2.60 seating depth for 69SMKs... When I started to load powder that went OK, but when I went to seat a bullet that another case in the powder station, the bullet would not seat properly... if at all... I can't screw in the Seating die much farther... Any suggestions?

I went back to hand charging my loads with a Redding BR-30 Measure (great for the money IMHO). and then seating bullets as I have been...

Jon

Jon - I don't think you'll find anyone who loads match rifle rounds on a progressive. It's all done one stage at a time, weighing each, and every, powder load.

I don't weigh, most Bench Rest shooters don't weigh. We reload the same brass during the day, at the range, between relays. But then, we use Wilson hand dies.

My father has been known to use his Dillon 550 to drop the powder and seat the bullets on his match ammo (he pre-loads enough for the day).

He gets decent groups with it, too.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem with the setup of the Powder Measure and Seating Dies in a 550B.

Thanks. I also have gone to one step/single stage type loading as well. I can still prep, prime and load about 25cases in about 4-5 hrs.

Jon

Ah Ha... 250/hr. is the actual speed.... single stage... or maybe I had too much single malt when performing the calculations...

Jon

Back
Top Bottom