Digital pics for LTC?

Worked for me! That's what I did this time around. Polaroids aren't required. Prior few times I went to the photo booth at local mall, paid ~$3 for 4 or 5 picture strip in ~4 minutes.

NO NEED to pay $15-20 for professional pictures! (Done that too in the past) NO need to tell PD where/how you did pictures either!

New MIRCS system takes your picture for you with a web-cam just like the RMV, Sam's Club, Costco's, and BJs. So check with PD first, you MAY not need to even bring pictures with you any more.

LenS said:
New MIRCS system takes your picture for you with a web-cam just like the RMV, Sam's Club, Costco's, and BJs. So check with PD first, you MAY not need to even bring pictures with you any more.

That's what they used for me at the Wilmington, MA PD. All digital: webcam for the photo, index print scanner for State Police and full digital printing for the records. Very convenient, overall.

Well you gotta remember where I am :D Out in the wilds of western mass.
I will take/print some out and see if they have the new tech yet. (part time force here in town)
Thanks

I printed off two photos on my ink jet printer on photo-quality paper, and had no problem.

I would suggest that you just submit them; don't ask for permission.

masochusetts said:
I would suggest that you just submit them; don't ask for permission.

Unless you either don't care whether or not you get permission or are sure you'll get the answer you want, never ask for permission.

As a great philosopher once observed, "It's always easier to get forgiveness than to get permission." I know that it's worked for me for many, many years.

Ken

As an FYI for those that don't have color printers and Dig cameras.... There's a travel agency in my town that takes passport photos - they also do the 1x1 in pics for the gun licenses as well. They're great about it. You go in and tell them I need a firearms licence photo and they get it set up for the smaller pic (smaller than the passports) and they only charge $8.00. They're actually nice about it. :D Sooo...if you don't have the equipment, check your travel agents in town, or even AAA if you're a member.

It is allways easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission. :D
I WAS active duty after all.
I was asking if anyone was told to submit regular photos, Since a few have been okay and I hazard a guess to say my work printer is better than most out there, (high end HP Laser) I should be fine.
Just gotta cough up the 100.00 for renewal.

Lynne said:
As an FYI for those that don't have color printers and Dig cameras.... There's a travel agency in my town that takes passport photos - they also do the 1x1 in pics for the gun licenses as well. They're great about it. You go in and tell them I need a firearms licence photo and they get it set up for the smaller pic (smaller than the passports) and they only charge $8.00. They're actually nice about it. :D Sooo...if you don't have the equipment, check your travel agents in town, or even AAA if you're a member.

It's a 1.5" X 1.5" photo, I just did my own digi photo for my renewal.

I guess I lucked out- I didn't have to bring a pic in. They took it at the precinct and then printed it out on my license. I've got one of those new-fangled drivers license style ones... Ofcourse the picture is ridiculous. Just a blur. But they say it'll come up better on the computer if somebody has to check me out. Go figure.

SiameseRat said:
I guess I lucked out- I didn't have to bring a pic in. They took it at the precinct and then printed it out on my license. I've got one of those new-fangled drivers license style ones... Ofcourse the picture is ridiculous. Just a blur. But they say it'll come up better on the computer if somebody has to check me out. Go figure.

Don't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? As your trying to explain, "No, really officer, it IS me." as the handcuffs are being clapped on until they can call it up on the computer. [roll]

Back
Top Bottom