Digital pics for LTC?

Wildweasel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
1,536
Likes
142
Location
Western MA
anyone know if Digital pics printed on high quality paper (Laser not Ink) are Okay?
Kind of a pain to get poloriods done.
 

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98%
48   1   0
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
51,051
Likes
8,569
Location
Escaping to NH
Worked for me! That's what I did this time around. Polaroids aren't required. Prior few times I went to the photo booth at local mall, paid ~$3 for 4 or 5 picture strip in ~4 minutes.

NO NEED to pay $15-20 for professional pictures! (Done that too in the past) NO need to tell PD where/how you did pictures either!

New MIRCS system takes your picture for you with a web-cam just like the RMV, Sam's Club, Costco's, and BJs. So check with PD first, you MAY not need to even bring pictures with you any more.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
99
Likes
1
LenS said:
New MIRCS system takes your picture for you with a web-cam just like the RMV, Sam's Club, Costco's, and BJs. So check with PD first, you MAY not need to even bring pictures with you any more.
That's what they used for me at the Wilmington, MA PD. All digital: webcam for the photo, index print scanner for State Police and full digital printing for the records. Very convenient, overall.
 

Wildweasel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
1,536
Likes
142
Location
Western MA
Well you gotta remember where I am :D Out in the wilds of western mass.
I will take/print some out and see if they have the new tech yet. (part time force here in town)
Thanks
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
83
Likes
1
Location
Burlington
I printed off two photos on my ink jet printer on photo-quality paper, and had no problem.

I would suggest that you just submit them; don't ask for permission.
 

KMaurer

Moderator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
8,654
Likes
340
Location
Litchfield, NH
masochusetts said:
I would suggest that you just submit them; don't ask for permission.
Unless you either don't care whether or not you get permission or are sure you'll get the answer you want, never ask for permission.

As a great philosopher once observed, "It's always easier to get forgiveness than to get permission." I know that it's worked for me for many, many years.

Ken
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
13,893
Likes
197
Location
Haverhill, MA
As an FYI for those that don't have color printers and Dig cameras.... There's a travel agency in my town that takes passport photos - they also do the 1x1 in pics for the gun licenses as well. They're great about it. You go in and tell them I need a firearms licence photo and they get it set up for the smaller pic (smaller than the passports) and they only charge $8.00. They're actually nice about it. :D Sooo...if you don't have the equipment, check your travel agents in town, or even AAA if you're a member.
 

Wildweasel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
1,536
Likes
142
Location
Western MA
It is allways easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission. :D
I WAS active duty after all.
I was asking if anyone was told to submit regular photos, Since a few have been okay and I hazard a guess to say my work printer is better than most out there, (high end HP Laser) I should be fine.
Just gotta cough up the 100.00 for renewal.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
May 9, 2005
Messages
3
Likes
0
Lynne said:
As an FYI for those that don't have color printers and Dig cameras.... There's a travel agency in my town that takes passport photos - they also do the 1x1 in pics for the gun licenses as well. They're great about it. You go in and tell them I need a firearms licence photo and they get it set up for the smaller pic (smaller than the passports) and they only charge $8.00. They're actually nice about it. :D Sooo...if you don't have the equipment, check your travel agents in town, or even AAA if you're a member.
It's a 1.5" X 1.5" photo, I just did my own digi photo for my renewal.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
4,530
Likes
17
Location
Somerville, MA
I guess I lucked out- I didn't have to bring a pic in. They took it at the precinct and then printed it out on my license. I've got one of those new-fangled drivers license style ones... Ofcourse the picture is ridiculous. Just a blur. But they say it'll come up better on the computer if somebody has to check me out. Go figure.
 
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
13,893
Likes
197
Location
Haverhill, MA
SiameseRat said:
I guess I lucked out- I didn't have to bring a pic in. They took it at the precinct and then printed it out on my license. I've got one of those new-fangled drivers license style ones... Ofcourse the picture is ridiculous. Just a blur. But they say it'll come up better on the computer if somebody has to check me out. Go figure.
Don't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? As your trying to explain, "No, really officer, it IS me." as the handcuffs are being clapped on until they can call it up on the computer. [roll]
 
Top Bottom