Different sized pre-ban Glock mags?

Thanks for the info !

Worth pointing out that there was just a relatively small period of time of preban square notch production, and they continued with a similar design postban, so it is definitely trickier to confirm preban from postban square notches. There are several threads on this forum about this very topic, to the point that several vets on this site probably get nauseated thinking about it. The u notches are easier to understand as they are all preban if they have a "U" notch.

The length of the magazine tube is marginally shorter on the U-notch mags, from the mag catch notch to the base. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I will be taking a flat file to my Sub2K. Can't make it any uglier?

A few minutes with a flat bastard on my Sub2k's mag well, and now U-notch mags work fine.

A few minutes with a flat bastard on my Sub2k's mag well, and now U-notch mags work fine.

I don't want to sound like I'd take form over function, but care to show us a pic of your work? Just trying to see if I can live with a filed down Subbie. I have two square notch that I use, but two U notch that are feeling a bit neglected until I get around to a P80 build.

I don't want to sound like I'd take form over function, but care to show us a pic of your work? Just trying to see if I can live with a filed down Subbie. I have two square notch that I use, but two U notch that are feeling a bit neglected until I get around to a P80 build.
Nothing handy at the moment. But if you simply remove material where there's interference with the floor plate of the mag, it'll work. A small sanding drum on a Dremel might work even better.

Back
Top Bottom