• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Differences between AR carry handles?

puška m70

NES Member
Looking to pick up a carry handle, going for the A2 look. I see a lot of manufacturers offer a detachable carry handle. Spikes, Aero, Colt, RRA, etc. Does anyone know if there is a real difference between the brands of carry handle? Aero and Spikes are selling for $60-80 while RRA and Colt are at $150+.

Yes.

Theres 8/3 (300 to 800 meter) and 6/3, (300 to 600) which is the range difference.

I picked up the RRA version as opposed to the low dollar ones because 1) Its made in the u.s. and 2) the less costly ones have a tendency to wobble the rear peep and housing.
The RRA one does have the little z stamped in it for setting both mechanical and battle Zero.
Supposed to be dead on with 885 green tips.

I'm not saying the Aero and Spikes are chinese knockoffs, I based it off of yub-tub vids doing comparisons.

Yes.

Theres 8/3 (300 to 800 meter) and 6/3, (300 to 600) which is the range difference.

I picked up the RRA version as opposed to the low dollar ones because 1) Its made in the u.s. and 2) the less costly ones have a tendency to wobble the rear peep and housing.
The RRA one does have the little z stamped in it for setting both mechanical and battle Zero.
Supposed to be dead on with 885 green tips.

I'm not saying the Aero and Spikes are chinese knockoffs, I based it off of yub-tub vids doing comparisons.

Thanks for the info! What would you say about Colt Vs RRA? From Aero's site, they also seem to have the Z on the dial.

Thanks for the info! What would you say about Colt Vs RRA? From Aero's site, they also seem to have the Z on the dial.
At the current rate those are all acceptable. Colt has some ground to regain considering their recent buyout and less recent bankruptcy. RRA has remained consistent though gotten into some political hot water in recent years as well. Between the Colt, RRA, Spikes, and Aero you're good to go. Personally I recommend just getting the Spikes, Aero or RRA (comparable price) and if you find you enjoy it enough you can always get a dedicated A1/A2 upper (for basically what the Colt carry handle costs) later. Both of those companies have years of reputable products and I wouldn't concern with missing out or getting a lemon.

The RRA carry handle is nice. I have the NM set up with 1/4 moa sights/hooded peep

Attachments

• C2C7BD9A-F497-49B2-8ECC-EEC2B0C5A09B.png
    C2C7BD9A-F497-49B2-8ECC-EEC2B0C5A09B.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 15
Also may I suggest a removable rear sight instead? Many many options and most importantly much lighter than any carry handle.

Back
Top Bottom