Difference between lee turret and progressive press

cmb

Gentlemen; What is the difference? Do you have to manually move the Lee turret?
I have thought about getting a turret press. Is it significantly faster than a single stage? I have reloaded rifle cases for a few years. With two kids in college a Dillion is not possible at this point. Will be reloading for 45acp and possibly 9mm.

Gentlemen; What is the difference? Do you have to manually move the Lee turret?
I have thought about getting a turret press. Is it significantly faster than a single stage? I have reloaded rifle cases for a few years. With two kids in college a Dillion is not possible at this point. Will be reloading for 45acp and possibly 9mm.
Never seen a turret in action but I own a Dillon 550B and a 650. I thought about buying a turret because I'd like to do rifle someday. I used to have a older model Lee Pro 1000 and got rid of it because of primer and reliability problems. There's a couple guys here that have newer ones that swear by them. If your only going to do pistol I'd consider spending the extra few bucks and buying one of those over a turret. You'll find alot of answers to your reloading questions here by using the search funtion. Let us know what you decide to go with.[wink]

On the turret, you load 1 case, and each pull of the handle sizes, next pull drops powder... etc the one case. So 1 round will take the 3 or 4 pulls. the dies advance not the case.

On a progressive, 1 pull does sizing, powder, and seats at the 3 different stations. case are feed automatically, as are primers. so it 1 pull for 1 round. The case advance.

I have 2 pro 1000, one in .45acp and other in .38 super. My 45acp has done 25K rounds since march and is still running strong. I would definitely recommend the progressive over the turret

Back
Top Bottom