Difference between 308 and 556 LPK

dans

NES Member
So,. I've been considering building a 308 AR and was wondering exactly what is the difference between a 308 and 556 LPK? Is it just the hammer or are there more components that are different?

I'd like to know this as well. I thought that hammer/trigger didn't interchange, but I've seen some Timney and Geissele FCG's sold as AR-15/LR-308 kits so now I'm not sure. Also, I'm interested to know specifically if an AR-15 LPK or parts of it will fit in a DPMS pattern lower, rather than an AR-10, or if lower parts are common between both of those patterns.

I'd like to know this as well. I thought that hammer/trigger didn't interchange, but I've seen some Timney and Geissele FCG's sold as AR-15/LR-308 kits so now I'm not sure. Also, I'm interested to know specifically if an AR-15 LPK or parts of it will fit in a DPMS pattern lower, rather than an AR-10, or if lower parts are common between both of those patterns.

I installed a RRA Ar-15 trigger in the one I built. So far there haven't been issues, but it doesn't get shot much. I would think ones meant for the 308 are stronger.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom