• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did the shortage change your plans?

Can't shoot as much as I'd like, so, yeah, it has effected me greatly--mainly the inability to get ammo.
^This.

And, maybe if I live long enough to see a return of ammo to the store shelves, I will be buying a case per month, (at least a 1000 rounds), every month, as long as can afford it. [crying]

Buying some firearms in odd ball calibers is definitely something to seriously consider. Before the current craze common sense would have told you to equip yourself with common caliber firearms. Now, just about the only thing our distributers have is .41mag and 7mm.

I think we also learned you cannot have enough .22lr in bulk as that caliber seems to be the first to go.

Last edited:
If you're worried about a SHTF scenario, wouldn't you want more common calibers not less common calibers? I've never looked for those calibers, but I'm guessing Walmart or even your LGS doesn't have a huge pile of antique ammo. Couldn't you just take the money you were going to spend on oddball caliber guns/ammo, buy a bunch of overpriced 9mm and call it a day?

P.S. I use the term "antique" loosely here.

P.P.S. If stores do have a shitload of antique ammo, I will figuratively eat my hat.

Thats right. You want to use the same calibers that the enemy uses so will always have ammo readily available when you kill the bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

Stick with popular calibers and there will be plenty on the battlefield.

+1

i was going to take a few training classes. but with the shortage of ammo I'm most likely only going to be able to take a shotgun class unless the classes I find (that I would want to take) offer ammo for sale.

Yup, Purchased a Beretta 391 trap as the only thing easy to find is 12ga target loads..... Shot my 1st round of trap the other day, I missed and swore a bunch but had a lot of fun. So, Id say Im good for a while

Changed my plans. I only had two NES YHM Lowers in my safe, now I'm buying while I can, just in case. Missed the boat on stocking up on ammo. So now it's nail biting and watching for 'deals' midst the madness. If only I had stocked up on XM855 on strippers and in cans at FS when you could trip over them on the floor... I remember some guy taking a hand truck of 8 out to his BMW.. Bet he's happy he did that.

Back
Top Bottom