• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did the Quincy police Capt. REALLY say this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mindset of a lot of people in Massachusetts is sickening, especially those in places of authority!

Maybe someone should limit his "right" to say stupid things!

(There is a gun poll to the left of this article about shall issue)

Last edited:
Yes, unfortunately that is his perception of the law. Quincy also has a hidden "restrictions under 25" guideline they adhere to. I got my license right before my 25th birthday and he called before issuing it saying in so many words that getting an unrestricted license like this "doesn't normally happen but happy birthday." I was giddy at the time just to get my license, but come on man it was literally a month before I turn 25, will another month of aging really do anything?

At least the paper got the quote right - it's a completely factual statemet.

If you have to apply for a permit, and it can be rejected for any reason (be it an arrest in your past, or a "suitability" issue) it's no longer a "right".

You are correct MisterHappy, it is pathetic that we let this happen.

There is no right to carry (or even own) a gun in Massachusetts. It is absolutely a priveledge at this point.

Cradle of Liberty my ass.

It takes a spineless coward to be a cop in MA. If you can make a living by enforcing laws that strip honest Americans of their rights, and make criminals out of the victims, you are the definition of a coward.

QPD has actually said even stupider things, things that may come back to haunt them......

Let's hope. You guys are doing great work!

There is no right to carry (or even own) a gun in Massachusetts. It is absolutely a priveledge at this point.

Cradle of Liberty my ass.

This is dead-on!

This is the official position of EOPS in MA and until a court (that THEY RECOGNIZE) FORCES them to "think different", it will be the SOP in MA.

It takes a spineless coward to be a cop in MA. If you can make a living by enforcing laws that strip honest Americans of their rights, and make criminals out of the victims, you are the definition of a coward.

Here we go again.

Since I have no spine, I suppose I had no business coming out against this statement in the Dupe thread.

Believe it or not, there are some good ones mixed amongst them. The Sgt. that issued me my permit actually encourages CC and during the interview he ranted about how Obama is going to ruin this country.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk while sitting in the Burlington Mall parking lot.

some douche said:
“It’s the (National Rifle Association’s) big priority to tell everyone you can’t trust the government, and you need (a) concealed-carry (license) because you can’t trust your neighbor, either,” said John Rosenthal, founder and chairman of Newton-based group Stop Handgun Violence.

What sane person trusts the government or some dude who just happens to live in the same general vicinity as you?

Easy big guy. In general, most of these guys do a damn good job at what they are supposed to do. 99% of them do not run around saying," boy, lets go find people that are violating our states lawmakers interpretations of the second amendment. That is why I joined up." I don't know if you live in MA, but if you do, the next time you call 911, why don't you preface the call with what you just said in quotes. I bet that they still get there timely to help you out, because , again the vast majority of them are professional.

I agree with you 100% Boatman, its like that in any walk of life. Some people are good, some people flat out suck!! You cant generalize a whole proffession over a few bad eggs. I have some great friends who are LEO. My Uncle was the Police Chief in Hanover for a great number of years and was respected and one of the most honest people I knew. To the point of where he wouldnt even help me get out of a jam when i was youth and got into some stupid trouble with the police. But the bottom line is not everyone on this board or in life is ever gonna be in 100% agreement. So we will all have our individual views to express

I didn't want this to become a LEO bashing thread. I was just surprised by the Quincy Captains apparent disregard for the 2nd amendment.

I didn't want this to become a LEO bashing thread. I was just surprised by the Quincy Captains apparent disregard for the 2nd amendment.

It is the culture we live in. Even some of the guys that post on this board who are all "Come Take IT!" and "Don't Tread On Me!" disregard the 2A when it doesn't fit there brainwashed idea of what it means. I almost can't get mad at the police for this, it is our fault for becoming lazy and allowing society to shift like this.

ETA: ALMOST.

Last edited:

Might want to spark up the few brain cells you have left before outing yourself like that. Never realized my dad had no spine until now.

Might want to spark up the few brain cells you have left before outing yourself like that. Never realized my dad had no spine until now.
Not defending the cop bashing, but do you see the issue with this state when you got yours "early" and now people might connect the dots to the fact that you had "connections?"

It might make you "giddy" that you are amongst the "connected few," but the rest of us are not amused when we run into situations like this. The frequency with which we do does not help either.

Not defending the cop bashing, but do you see the issue with this state when you got yours "early" and now people might connect the dots to the fact that you had "connections?"

It might make you "giddy" that you are amongst the "connected few," but the rest of us are not amused when we run into situations like this. The frequency with which we do does not help either.

"Connected?" Give me a break, hes retired and only knows a handful of people there now since most of the guys he worked with are retired or have passed on.

I didn't get mine "early." I waited the 6-8 weeks like everyone else and was told I was only getting an unrestricted license because it was so close to my birthday. Not because of who I'm related to.

But overall, yes, I do know some crap goes on behind the scenes in police departments. Even my dad says not all cops are good people, but most are good ones and there are always a few a**h***s just like the rest of the population.

I dont think its the individual cops that are the ones making the laws, their job is to enforce the law, its the people on Beacon Hill that are the spinless cowards, I'll even agree that some Chiefs of Police are in this category, but as far as the individual police officers i wouldnt label them that

"Connected?" Give me a break, hes retired and only knows a handful of people there now since most of the guys he worked with are retired or have passed on.

I didn't get mine "early." I waited the 6-8 weeks like everyone else and was told I was only getting an unrestricted license because it was so close to my birthday. Not because of who I'm related to.

But overall, yes, I do know some crap goes on behind the scenes in police departments. Even my dad says not all cops are good people, but most are good ones and there are always a few a**h***s just like the rest of the population.
Most cops are indeed good people, I too am related to some (not in this state), the trouble is that the corruption we do see in this state is so prevalent at all levels that you really cannot blame people for being cynical and suspicious which was my point.

Most cops are indeed good people, I too am related to some (not in this state), the trouble is that the corruption we do see in this state is so prevalent at all levels that you really cannot blame people for being cynical and suspicious which was my point.

And I agree with that, but to paint a picture of a group of people with broad strokes is never a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom