Did Iowa just become the 30th state to go constitional carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milktree

NES Member

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Gov. Kim Reynolds signed a bill Friday that will make handgun carry permits and background checks on unlicensed sales optional in Iowa.

As of July 1, people can buy handguns from private non-licensed sources such as websites, gun shows and individuals without a permit or background check. People also will be able to carry a gun into public places such as grocery stores and malls without prior safety training or a permit.

It's poorly worded in that it implies you can buy a gun "from a website" or "from a gun show", which you can't.

I think Iowa is the 20th or 21st. Reptile beat you to it on Saturday.

Damn.... I searched, but not far enough back.

I got my number from this:

Currently 22 states have laws that require background checks for all handgun sales at the point of sale and/or as part of a permit requirement,

51 "states" (including DC) minus 22 states that require checks or permit = 29 states; add Iowa = 30

'course, the AP was sloppy about other language, so maybe they were sloppy about this, too.

51 "states" (including DC) minus 22 states that require checks or permit = 29 states; add Iowa = 30

'course, the AP was sloppy about other language, so maybe they were sloppy about this, too.

DC isnt a state

Period

states need to add laws restricting restrictive federal oppressive laws that might come down from dems and dictators. Much like NH seems to be doing.

DC isnt a state

Period

First, you willfully ignored that I put "state" in quotes.
Second, I explicitly said, "including DC"
Third, it's relevant because people live there, and are deserving of rights, too.

Third, it's relevant because people live there, and are deserving of rights, too.

Again, DC is not a state and doesnt resemble a state in any way. shape of form

The constitution refers to it as a DISTRICT (not to exceed 10 miles square) and gives Congress authority over it.

Period

Its the way it works, the 10 miles around DC is the Government's, and they have no rights, we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom