• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did I miss something? Ammo content

Just saw this posted at my local Walmart.. any idea why as I haven’t heard of any ammo restrictions for retailers in MA.. FAE10366-0946-4E3A-80D0-C318CB3945F2.jpeg

Maybe no one at the store who can sell it? maybe the store needs to re-apply for permission from the overlords?

There's some weird requirement for the store manager to have an LTC in order to sell ammo. I forget the details. Hopefully someone else will chime in with reasons why

It's happened before, local Walmart gets a new store manager who doesn't hold a LTC and boom.. no ammo sales till he/she does.

I saw the same sign in CA right after they accidentally made ammo sales illegal state-wide.

If I had to guess, I'd say their state extortion money is due. This is MA, afterall.

There's some weird requirement for the store manager to have an LTC in order to sell ammo. I forget the details. Hopefully someone else will chime in with reasons why

It's happened before, local Walmart gets a new store manager who doesn't hold a LTC and boom.. no ammo sales till he/she does.

That deff makes sense.

I'm pretty sure a manager, or the store itself, needs an ammunition dealers license or license to sell ammo- whatever it's called. Perhaps theirs expired.

I remember from about the time that FatCat was re-opening that Massachusetts doesn't allow corporations to get dealers licenses... only individuals. IIRC, etc. So, a store manager or employee must be licensed to sell.

Our local Walmart accomplishes the same thing by never having any employees within 500' of the ammo case.

In at least two Walmarts, maybe all of them, hit either 4444# or #4444 on the phone sitting in the sports section. It might have the right code right on the phone itself.

Then clear your throat a couple times, tap the mic, then announce "Clerk to Sporting Goods for Customer Assistance!". Keep repeating until they come. If they still don't come, get creative with what you say. ("Want fires with that?", etc.).

Happened in Walpole a couple years ago, they forgot to renew the dealer license.

Clearly, they are out of stock of everything. LOL Those are empty boxes.

Gotta be a permitting thing.

FWIW, I saw a TON of .22lr at the Gub Show at Marlboro. And not at "terrible" prices. More than I've paid, but as much as I'd be willing to pay.

Actually, the manager of the sporting goods section of Walmart has to get it, not the manager. I worked at Wal Mart for 5 minutes once setting up a new store. Within 3 days, I left and got the hell out of retail.

Actually, the manager of the sporting goods section of Walmart has to get it, not the manager. I worked at Wal Mart for 5 minutes once setting up a new store. Within 3 days, I left and got the hell out of retail.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarification on that.

Which Raynham??? Possibly the only town in the free world with TWO Super Walmarts. LOL
I moved to NH from Texarkana, where there are two. One is on the Arkansas side, one is on the Texas side, but they're less than five miles apart.

There are also three Albertson's supermarkets (one AR, two TX). Albertson's owns Shaw's and Star Market (and Safeway and a bunch of others).

Is that really what folks who don't roll their own pay to go shoot a few? Kind of gagging on the price of that .44 mag.

Our local Walmart accomplishes the same thing by never having any employees within 500' of the ammo case.

I wish they would put the ammo shelves way up front next to the Customer Service Desk. It would save me the walk...

I moved to NH from Texarkana, where there are two. One is on the Arkansas side, one is on the Texas side, but they're less than five miles apart.

There are also three Albertson's supermarkets (one AR, two TX). Albertson's owns Shaw's and Star Market (and Safeway and a bunch of others).

But not the same town. LOL

The Raynhamians (Raynhamites? Nah. That sounds like a tribe that God smote or something.) lost their collective S-word when Walmart announced ANOTHER WM in their town - this one to service Taunton residents. It was pretty funny. I still go to the "classy" Walmart on 44.

Back
Top Bottom