Did any restaurants near you offer Government "Workers" FREE MEALS ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get this at all.

Let's say you get a Free Meal. You and your partner.

$25 each would be very inexpensive. So $50.

A 15% Tip (cheapskate - I give 20%) would be $7.50

For $7.50 you could buy Ramen or Rice or Eggs or Bread or Pasta or Peanut Butter to eat for several days.

So you're paying for ONE meal when you could be having FIVE or more.

FAIL

But wait - STIFF the Waitress. She'd understand, right? Them you'd come out ahead.

You, a Government Worker, who has not had a Payday for just THREE WEEKS, and make a Median Salary of $75K, why not stiff a Minimum Wage Server?

Like I said, I don't get this at all.

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have worked in a weather related field for 20 + years. Save for the lean times and you will be fine, too bad I couldn't get a free meal in the slow times. They will get paid and if smart can live on savings or credit until they get the back pay. BOO HOO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have worked in a weather related field for 20 + years. Save for the lean times and you will be fine, too bad I couldn't get a free meal in the slow times. They will get paid and if smart can live on savings or credit until they get the back pay. BOO HOO
As nice as it would be to get a FREE MEAL in a restaurant, you've got to admit if you tip properly you've not spent your money wisely.

I'm guessing there was a lot of STIFFING going on.

dhuze

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
An island surrounded by land on three sides
So you’re saying if there are people who need help nobody should help them because you do t understand economics?

I’d say it’s damned nice of any restaurant to give free meals.

I’d bet if you were out to eat and the restaurant told you it was free you’d have no problem with that.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Down here in Newport, not only were there free meals but he local 7/11 really stepped up and offered a free gallon of milk, loaf of bread, dozen eggs and a few other essentials. I also heard that one of the local gas stations offered a "at cost" fuel-up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you’re saying if there are people who need help nobody should help them because you do t understand economics?

I’d bet if you were out to eat and the restaurant told you it was free you’d have no problem with that.
TO BE HONEST:

No.

If I had limited funds, I'd spend it on staples and not a TIP.

And I certainly would not STIFF a Waitress. Never had, never will.

As far as the FREE GAS and other crap - SURE. If you are stupid enough to pity me, I'm taking it whole hog.

It's only STIFFING a Waitress where I draw the line.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Men and Women in our MILITARY get no freebies, but some stinkin' PENCIL PUSHER does ?

Well, that is where we are at.

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was at the local sandwich shop two weeks ago standing behind two of the highway guys that work here. A customer in the shop comes over to say how glad she was that these nice men would work without pay to keep our streets safe to drive on and to also state how not nice Trump is for holding up their pay.
Politely one guy says "lady, we work for the town. The shutdown only affects federal employees."
She continued to insist that Trump is a bad man and our town highway crew are heroes for working without pay.
And this woman votes.....

Lip

Army Veteran
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
TO BE HONEST:

No.

If I had limited funds, I'd spend it on staples and not a TIP.

And I certainly would not STIFF a Waitress. Never had, never will.

As far as the FREE GAS and other crap - SURE. If you are stupid enough to pity me, I'm taking it whole hog.

It's only STIFFING a Waitress where I draw the line.
Ive had more than a few suckyassed waitresses. I tip for performance, on average 25% but crappy service gets zilch.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The Men and Women in our MILITARY get no freebies, but some stinkin' PENCIL PUSHER does ?

Well, that is where we are at.
Ummmm, my son is an EXPERT of what restaurants to patronize on Veterans Day, Memorial Day and July 4.

As far as this, I'll say this: EVERYONE should be prepared to be out of work for 4-12 weeks at any moment. If you aren't prepared, I don't know how to help you.

One year, the IRS decided to take a 5-figure amount out of my personal bank account due to a perceived "mistake" on my business/personal tax return. There was no mistake. The return was fine. They didn't acknowledge.

They took the $ anyhow. I was without basically EVERYTHING in my personal acct. For a month. Shockingly, not only did I survive, we went to Disney in the interim.

I think it's nice to provide food for those out-of-work. What about those who are on the struggle-bus??? Do you throw your "old" food out or donate it to some sort of soup kitchen??? There is about 800 things I'd be thinking of doing to "give back" before even thinking about giving a government worker more money.

Funny aside: My CPA was in yesterday. Turns out he's as red as Stalin. He felt really bad for the government workers out of work. "Yeah, except for hte IRS. Bleep them."

"Nooooo. No. They are hard working people. It's the ones in Congress that make the rules. They are just following them."

I guess he forgets when the IRS screwed up, wouldn't fix it. . . TOOK A FIVE-FIGURE WITHDRAWAL FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT and then told me, "Well, the case is closed so it isn't our problem anymore." F the IRS and all of it's workers.

Bt74

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Down here in Newport, not only were there free meals but he local 7/11 really stepped up and offered a free gallon of milk, loaf of bread, dozen eggs and a few other essentials. I also heard that one of the local gas stations offered a "at cost" fuel-up.
Nice to know Government workers are this pathetic. Decent salary, full benefits, and they are in breadlines if they miss a paycheck. What happens to these losers when the grid goes down for a couple of months?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Man oh man. He gets a free meal and I don't not fair! Wa wa wa. Rotfl. But yes you should tip well.
I re-read the entire thread. No one complained because THEY didn't get a free meal. Not one.

The restaurants near me that offered FREE MEALS are so expensive I can't even boycott them.

[crying]
Ahhh, you are practicing your continued boycott, just for different reasons. LOL

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Nice to know Government workers are this pathetic. Decent salary, full benefits, and they are in breadlines if they miss a paycheck. What happens to these losers when the grid goes down for a couple of months?
No kidding. Fing losers. We need to give them free meals now cause they are out of work for three weeks? I guess they are borderline welfare skids anyway because theres a bunch of them that do nothing for their pay anyway. Whats another free meal...

GMAFB.

Last edited:

Obie1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
According to surveys, around 60% of Americans don't have enough money to cover a $500 emergency bill. I find this astounding, but a huge number live from paycheck to paycheck. Imagine if you found a NIB Colt Python for $500 and you couldn't pay for it.

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
[QUOTE="Obie1, post: 6181088, member: 30035" [Imagine if you found a NIB Colt Python for $500 and you couldn't pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Idiots like that would put it on a credit card.

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
According to surveys, around 60% of Americans don't have enough money to cover a $500 emergency bill. I find this astounding, but a huge number live from paycheck to paycheck. Imagine if you found a NIB Colt Python for $500 and you couldn't pay for it.
I've always found these type of stats astounding and wonder how true they really are. People mortgaged to the hilt on their house, driving new SUV's, Trucks, and have the newest everything. Yet they have no retirement savings and nothing in the bank. Because it all goes to taxes and interest and payments on stuff that depreciates like mad. Truly retarded.

All I know is, when I look up my retirement savings on the calculator, and see that I'm in the top percentile for savings for my age, and the average retirement savings for my age is only a measly 40K........I do get a full picture that most of these people are fxcked. Shxt, I had 40K for retirement savings when I was in my 20's.

Last edited:

Bt74

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
These are the shitheads that would vote for AOC for the "Free Shit".

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
No kidding. Fing losers. We need to give them free meals now cause they are out of work for three weeks? I guess they are borderline welfare skids anyway because theres a bunch of them that do nothing for their pay anyway. Whats another free meal...

GMAFB.
No one needs to give them free meals. Privately owned restaurants making a decision to give free meals to these government workers who are not getting paid really bothers you this much man?

Top Bottom