DICK'S

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
I thought this would go good here. I went to Dick's today to spend my fathers day gift card,so I show the kid at the counter my LTC, and ask for a box of 22. All set with that I go to the check out,and the girl asks me for my LTC. Well for the most part they always do that and thats ok, but the girl starts to put my LTC info into the Computer, and tells me to press yes or no on the credit card key board. The board states are you a US citizen YES OR NO. Ok so I ask the girl what the hell is up, she tells me it is the new MA law.So I tell the girl,I may not be LenS but I think I know the law on buying ammo in MA. and there is no LAW that states you have to put my LTC info in your computer.I asked to see a manager, and he told me that it is a new company rule so the employees will not sell ammo to an under age person.

Last edited:
I thought this would go good here. I went to Dick's today to spend my fathers day gift card,so I show the kid at the counter my LTC, and ask for a box of 22. All set with that I go to the check out,and the girl asks me for my LTC. Well for the most part they always do that and thats ok, but the girl starts to put my LTC info into the Computer, and tell me to press yes or no on the credit card key board. The board states are you a US citizen YES OR NO. Ok so I ask the girl what the hell is up, she tell me it is the new MA law.So I tell the girl,I may not be LenS but I think I know the law on buying ammo in MA. and there is no LAW that states you have to put my LTC info in your computer.I asked to see a manager, and he told me that it is a new company rule so the employes will not sell ammo to an under age person.

They will likely suffer the economic consequences of this decision.

At some point the exec team will notice that ammo sales are down significantly and wonder why. If sales fall far enough, they'll just get out of the business here in MA.

It's easier for for management to have minimum wage drones explain store policy as a "LAW" to induce complicance from sheep.

Few would think to question an announcement of a policy presented as "law".

Not to go off topic but anyone notice Wal-Mart stopped asking "Is this for a handgun ?" a while ago ? [laugh]

WHAAAAAT? ...idiots...underage, hmm...doesn't the LTC mean you're 21! (or 18 for an FID)

Done with Dicks...

Yes, I wanted to get rid of the gift card and she already had my info in the computer but that is the last time I walk into dick's.

I think that I was in a Dick's once in the past 1-2 years. I no longer buy ammo there.

That's BS, but I can see them making "policy" like that. I wonder if this is unique to a particular store? Chiefs have been known to make issuance of the <discretionary> MA FFL/ammo dealer permit on some weird requirements that go beyond the law.

I thought this would go good here. I went to Dick's today to spend my fathers day gift card,so I show the kid at the counter my LTC, and ask for a box of 22. All set with that I go to the check out,and the girl asks me for my LTC. Well for the most part they always do that and thats ok, but the girl starts to put my LTC info into the Computer, and tells me to press yes or no on the credit card key board. The board states are you a US citizen YES OR NO. Ok so I ask the girl what the hell is up, she tells me it is the new MA law.So I tell the girl,I may not be LenS but I think I know the law on buying ammo in MA. and there is no LAW that states you have to put my LTC info in your computer.I asked to see a manager, and he told me that it is a new company rule so the employees will not sell ammo to an under age person.

Under age? [laugh] I buy boxes for .45 acp from them with my FID and I am 16. Whats up with that? What Dick is it?

The question asked is whether you're a citizen. Until recently you couldn't even get an fid//ltc without being a citizen. I also noticed they had to key my license # and dob into their system. I will be writing to dicks customer service tomorrow to inquire why this information is being requested.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I think the days of ammo for handguns being 21 should be over. Everyone and their brother makes a rifle chambered for most handgun rounds at this point, or at some point in the past.

I think you can get an AR upper for every caliber known to man at this point, except for Eddie Coyles 500 magnum loads.

(yes there is some sarcasm in this post, but really the differentiation between handgun and rifle rounds is very blurry at this point)

When I still smoked cigarettes I stopped into a Mobil station for a fill up and a pack of smokes (2005 or so). New store policy was to scan the drivers license into the computer (using the bar code info from the drivers license) of anyone purchasing cigs. I am over 40 (and look it) so I declined handing over my license (I let her see it but not scan it). It is definitely a case of information gathering by corporate America and needs to be shot down immediately.

I bought a few boxes of Federal AR .223 in Dick's yesterday, in CT, and the same thing with the "Are you a US citizen?". I asked what was up with it, and of course, clerk had no clue. No license asked for either (driver's). Idiots.

Once I was asked for ID to buy condoms! This little convenience store said I had to be 18, then I said its okay I'll just have unwanted children and add to the welfare situation ....

rogzballz said:
Once I was asked for ID to buy condoms! This little convenience store said I had to be 18, then I said its okay I'll just have unwanted children and add to the welfare situation ....

Nicely woven into the Dick's thread

I think that I was in a Dick's once in the past 1-2 years. I no longer buy ammo there.

That's BS, but I can see them making "policy" like that. I wonder if this is unique to a particular store? Chiefs have been known to make issuance of the <discretionary> MA FFL/ammo dealer permit on some weird requirements that go beyond the law.

I've seen one or two small gun shops record my LTC number when I bought ammo. When asked why they both said something about the police and underage buyers. Neither place got repeat business.

The board states are you a US citizen YES OR NO.

manager,told me that it is a new company rule so the employees will not sell ammo to an under age person.

That is stupid! the fact I am a US citizen has nothing to do with my age.[frown]

Back
Top Bottom